Minecraft

• 351 Replies

Offline Yukabacera

• Tasen Soldier (LL868:ALDK)
    • View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #120 on: September 24, 2010, 19:58:32 »
Here's the mine with the headframe I was talking about, along with a reference that I can't believe no one came up with until now:

(warning: big picture)

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hiddenstar: My only one.

Offline TheoX

• Lost in retro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 24, 2010, 22:36:44 »
Very nice!  Now that's a minecart ride I want to go on.

offtopic: Is that Windows 2000?
Miscellany:
My Website
My Chiptune Music
Currently: Having fun at college.

Offline Yukabacera

• View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #122 on: September 24, 2010, 23:14:24 »
Very nice!  Now that's a minecart ride I want to go on.

Sadly, there's no minecart ride yet: you can barely call this thing "a mine". There was plenty of iron and coal when I first found it, now it's just a bunch of rocks along with a cobblestone staircase.

(I also started an incredibly time-consuming and ultimately pointless project in this mine: remove all the soil and gravel so it's just bare rock. After I filled up a whole chest with soil and gravel, I gave up.)

offtopic: Is that Windows 2000?

No, it's WinXP, with the Windows Classic option and a theme that was supposed to look like OS/2, but now it just looks like...that. I like old computer GUIs: the blocky, dark icons and things are much better than the smooth, sleek and colorful stuff you see in Vista and 7, if you ask me.

I've also styled Firefox to look like Mosaic. Yes, I'm that crazy.  :P2

Back to Minecraft:

That mine isn't the only thing on my, uh, property: I've also got a house (duh), an art gallery (for some reason) and a beacon so I don't get lost (this happened plenty of times when I go to get some logs in the middle of the night). I'm planning to fence in the whole place sometime soon.

(The art gallery is a must-see: the paintings have such wonderful, descriptive titles such as "Kebab at Lunchtime" and "de_aztec Perspective 1". The collections are no better: "Everyday Events Collection", for example. (this collection features the famous painting "Creeper, with Photograph" painted by the famous Swedish visionary Markus Persson.)

=|=
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 23:21:46 by Yukabacera »

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 24, 2010, 23:56:04 »
Well, i've been playing in the free weekend alpha version (im going to buy the full game today or tomorrow), and i've built meself a castle :D
It's not as good as i had originally hoped, but oh well. The keep (the building inside the wall) isn't finished, I'm going to add another one or two stories to it.

I've attached pictures.
And NO, i haven't hacked my savefile, all that stone HAS been mined. You can tell, there's a hill missing nearby XD

Edit: actually i sorta hacked my save... i removed the snow effect, as it was sending me mad. but that was it, i didn't hack any inventory stuff
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2010, 00:39:31 »
We should have a SMP server soon :D If I can avoid the LLLLLLAAAAAAAAGGGGG  :/

Also I am making an epic floating castle in the sky, mining all the rock I use. It's currently a flat octagon measuring 52m x 54m, hovering ~32m from the ground. Will post screenies when it's further along.

Also classic server is back online. No-one has been there in ages  :(

Also me haz skin  :) lookies -> [link]
It was meant to look like me IRL, but it simultaneously failed at least 7 times and now it just looks silly.  :sad:

Also here is the access URL again so you don't have to keep hunting for it:http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp?ip=92.15.101.188&port=25564
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 01:08:43 by jimj316 »

Spoiler: RAEV TIEM! (click to show/hide)

Offline Yukabacera

• View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #125 on: September 25, 2010, 00:54:31 »
Fluorescent eye-hurting yellow is always the way to go!

Also, that link just gives me a Connecting... bar that never fills up.

=|=
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 00:58:17 by Yukabacera »

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 25, 2010, 01:11:55 »
Fluorescent eye-hurting yellow is always the way to go!

Also, that link just gives me a Connecting... bar that never fills up.

=|=

Somehow, my IP decided to change exactly four seconds after I posted that. fixed nao.

Also, is my hair colour really that bad? It looks normal pale-blonde to me. (on my 1995 monitor, that even has the words "LOW RADIATION EDITION" printed on the front)

Offline Yukabacera

• View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #127 on: September 25, 2010, 01:17:24 »
I got the same not-filling up bar. (and after a couple of seconds, the red screen of "the server is probably down")

The color doesn't look THAT bad, but still...yeah.

It's kinda like the poster for Metropolis, except worse.

=|=

Offline Wanderer

• He deserved it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 25, 2010, 01:42:06 »
I've been playing in the weekend alpha, now that I can't play anymore because it needs to be purchased, then I guess I have to buy it.

Now I need a good way to convince my parents to spend $10. X-P

Anyone have any ideas?
"I wander to many places, but I quest to few."

YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/CreepyThumb

I leave and come back, kinda like a ghost. Hmm...

Offline Yukabacera

• View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #129 on: September 25, 2010, 01:45:17 »
I've been playing in the weekend alpha, now that I can't play anymore because it needs to be purchased, then I guess I have to buy it.

Now I need a good way to convince my parents to spend $10. X-P

Anyone have any ideas?

"If you want to see your gold chain with diamonds again..."

"I need it for a science project!"

"GIMME NOW OR I'LL SHOOT MYSELF AFTER I HANG MYSELF THROUGH THE WINDOW!!!"

Or just say pretty please.

=|=

Offline Wanderer

• He deserved it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 25, 2010, 01:54:43 »
Lol, I think I'll stay with pretty please.

Though I'd be very interested to see what I could use it for as a medium for a school project...  :^^:
"I wander to many places, but I quest to few."

YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/CreepyThumb

I leave and come back, kinda like a ghost. Hmm...

Offline Gorfinhofin

• Totally Sane Storyteller
  • Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
    • My World Famous Grilled Let's Plays
« Reply #131 on: September 25, 2010, 05:57:06 »
I recently got back into the game after I lost my saves. I started with a lighthouse right over the spawn point, then I made my usual mine, but this time I found an absolutely enormous system of caves. After a few hours I managed to explore every nook and cranny of it, at which point I decided that the very farthest, deepest corner would be a wonderful spot for a house! (I later discovered that it wasn't exactly deep... Not underground, anyway. Deep under the sea. Which caused some complications when I tried digging upward.) I also found an awesome Cliff Hole Ledge Thing which I plan to build a fortress in.

EDIT: Also, I'm having some trouble with my underground tree farm. It meets all the requirements the Minecraft Wiki lists for trees to grow, but they're still not growing. If anyone can shed some light on this, it would be quite helpful
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 06:02:19 by Gorfinhofin »

When something smells, it's usually my monitor.

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 25, 2010, 09:08:19 »
I got the same not-filling up bar. (and after a couple of seconds, the red screen of "the server is probably down"?)

The server is closed from midnight~9 am on weekends. Jims need their sleep.
on weekdays, it's closed from midnight~4 pm. Times are GMT.

Offline Yukabacera

• View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #133 on: September 25, 2010, 09:45:35 »
EDIT: Also, I'm having some trouble with my underground tree farm. It meets all the requirements the Minecraft Wiki lists for trees to grow, but they're still not growing. If anyone can shed some light on this, it would be quite helpful

I don't want to make you sound stupid, but are you sure that the tree is 3 blocks away from any obstacles? Maybe you've placed a torch next to it?

If this isn't the case, then just wait. I had to wait quite a bit before my first tree grew. (and this was not even underground!)

Also, I have a skin too, if somebody didn't notice: http://minecraft.net/skin/skin.jsp?user=Yukabacera

=|=
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 10:08:45 by Yukabacera »

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 25, 2010, 11:08:51 »
Quote from: Yukabacera link=topic=1307.msg46552#msg46552
I don't want to make you sound stupid, but are you sure that the tree is 3 blocks away from any obstacles? Maybe you've placed a torch next to it?

If this isn't the case, then just wait. I had to wait quite a bit before my first tree grew. (and this was not even underground!)

Also, I have a skin too, if somebody didn't notice: http://minecraft.net/skin/skin.jsp?user=Yukabacera

=|=

EPIC!

I've just bought the game, so i'll be making my own skin. question: how do you make stuff (like on yours Yuka) that is around your head? (like how yuka's gold bar-thingys are outside the actual head-box)

nevermid, worked it out myself

Goddammit i suck at this.
Could someone PLEASE make me a nice robot skin? sorta like yuka's...
Either that or a king, in which case i've already made a half-decent crown (attached)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 13:59:51 by AClockworkLemon »
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot