• 351 Replies

Offline Yukabacera

• Tasen Soldier (LL868:ALDK)
    • View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #135 on: September 25, 2010, 13:19:36 »
Quote from: Yukabacera link=topic=1307.msg46552#msg46552
I don't want to make you sound stupid, but are you sure that the tree is 3 blocks away from any obstacles? Maybe you've placed a torch next to it?

If this isn't the case, then just wait. I had to wait quite a bit before my first tree grew. (and this was not even underground!)

Also, I have a skin too, if somebody didn't notice: http://minecraft.net/skin/skin.jsp?user=Yukabacera

=|=

EPIC!

I've just bought the game, so i'll be making my own skin. question: how do you make stuff (like on yours Yuka) that is around your head? (like how yuka's gold bar-thingys are outside the actual head-box)

I wouldn't know, ACWL. Sorry. I think that you draw those things right of the head, in the space that's usually blank, but it's been a long time. Experiment!

Actually, I found it: http://minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3413

Also, here's something I just noticed:

(warning: big pictures)

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

I swear I didn't do that on purpose.  :P2

« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 14:34:07 by Yukabacera »
:hiddenstar: My only one.

Offline Yukabacera

• View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #136 on: September 25, 2010, 14:27:50 »
Sorry for double post, but I just HAD to share this:

(big picture, you know the drill)

It just looks beautiful.

=|=

Offline Gorfinhofin

• Totally Sane Storyteller
  • Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
    • My World Famous Grilled Let's Plays
« Reply #137 on: September 25, 2010, 21:11:46 »
EDIT: Also, I'm having some trouble with my underground tree farm. It meets all the requirements the Minecraft Wiki lists for trees to grow, but they're still not growing. If anyone can shed some light on this, it would be quite helpful

I don't want to make you sound stupid, but are you sure that the tree is 3 blocks away from any obstacles? Maybe you've placed a torch next to it?
Well, I was told by the Wiki that you only had to have 4 blocks of space DIRECTLY ABOVE the sapling for it to grow. Is this out of date or something?

When something smells, it's usually my monitor.

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 26, 2010, 00:34:52 »
Ok peepz, lets see how this goes!

Survival multiplayer server (alpha) on 122.106.234.219

I cant promise that it'll be up 24/7, nor can i promise i'll always be on, but i'll op anyone from these forums that i recognise. (gimme a yell if i dont)
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 26, 2010, 03:07:49 »
Y'all might wanna check out this: http://skylands.goonygoon.com/

Someone built an Alpha map with dungeons, treasure houses, and a variety of environments, all floating in the sky. I played it a bit yesterday and it's very fun. Knowing that there were things waiting out there for me made me break my habit of picking a spot near the spawn and building my base of operations there for the first time a very long while. :D

On a related note, it's interesting to try to play a nomad and focus on traveling around instead of just building a base. I learned early on that all you really need is a good set of tools, a door, a crafting table, a few torches, and some dirt blocks; you can easily dig out little underground bunkers to wait out the night in, and then loot the stuff in them after it's over and carry on your merry way. :^^:

Offline Wanderer

• He deserved it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 26, 2010, 05:37:29 »
Very cool floating islands. :O

I'll try to post up pics tomorrow of my basement to the house I'm making, just gotta find pesky iron to make a fire starter for a fireplace in my basement. :D

Gosh a game this fun hasn't come up in a LONG time, this is a much needed refresher from all the games people hype about today (I'm looking at you PS3 and Xbox 360).
"I wander to many places, but I quest to few."

YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/CreepyThumb

I leave and come back, kinda like a ghost. Hmm...

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 26, 2010, 05:52:38 »
Is anyone interested in my SMP server? i know it hasn't been up for long, but i just want a show of hands as to who wants it.

Mainly because i dont feel like re-arranging my entire firewall (it's off ATM) just so no-one can play :/
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.

Offline Yukabacera

• View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #142 on: September 26, 2010, 11:02:14 »
Is anyone interested in my SMP server? i know it hasn't been up for long, but i just want a show of hands as to who wants it.

Mainly because i dont feel like re-arranging my entire firewall (it's off ATM) just so no-one can play :/

I'm interested!

Also, I tried building a workbench and chest, but they just disappeared. What the..?

=|=

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 26, 2010, 11:45:10 »
Yeah, the server software is still buggy :/
Sorry i wasn't on, i was playing on singleplayer, not paying attention to the log. i've set you to OP

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 26, 2010, 11:47:24 »

I want it, but I was literally about to put my SMP server online, after weeks of negotiating with my firewall...now it's all gone to waste... :(

EDIT:actually, forget it. my PC is still not accepting the server software. me goes to ACWL nao. op plz. My classic server is still up in case anyone is silly and has not bought the game!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 11:59:06 by jimj316 »

Spoiler: RAEV TIEM! (click to show/hide)

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 26, 2010, 13:15:25 »
Sorry for double posting, but is there anyone on ACWL's server? I've been waiting for ~1 hour and I still haven't seen anyone.

Here is what has happened so far: (interesting parts in bold)
Spawned into world at night, immediately suffocated.
Jumped around a bit, and somehow ended up ~20m in the air. Fell. landed on a large beach.
Notice an adminium building on the beach. find 1 gunpowder, 5 sand, and 3 dirt on floor.
Spot creeper on horizon. Panic.
Notice creeper is not moving, or reacting to my approach.
Somehow get hurt and lose 2 hearts. Spin, and there is nothing there.
Find 2 arrows on floor.
Headed to top of hill to look for people. Started to build treehouse. Stayed there through night.
Head down from treehouse, and stand near trunk. Suddenly, the tree, and the ground around it, explodes. Me not harmed. Confusion.
Spot glitchy pig/zombie on horizon. Not moving, just standing under a tree vibrating, switching rapidly between a pig and a zombie.
Suddenly, it is now instantly night again. The stars in the sky are vibrating. I panic.
Quit to type this.
Rejoin.

Offline Wanderer

• He deserved it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 26, 2010, 16:51:49 »
Now that's an odd happening...  O_o

I'm planning on buying the game today, then I'll play on ACWL's server.

But I have some questions:

1. Is your server up continuously? As in, you you have it on a computer that you let run day n night?

2. If I leave the server, and come back, will what I have built still be there? (I'm thinking it will be)

3. What's an OP? XP

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 26, 2010, 17:05:28 »
Now that's an odd happening...  O_o

I'm planning on buying the game today, then I'll play on ACWL's server.

But I have some questions:

1. Is your server up continuously? As in, you you have it on a computer that you let run day n night?
2. If I leave the server, and come back, will what I have built still be there? (I'm thinking it will be)
3. What's an OP? XP

1. It appears to be. ACWL left to go to sleep, and the server is still on.
2.Yes, it will be. You will also spawn in the same place you left from, and have the same inventory.
3.OP=OPerator. A person who administrates the server.

EDIT: also, ignore the last post, there are others on the server; I have seen ACWL and Yuka. I am building a huge huge huge treehouse on the hill NW of the spawn. Come see it!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 17:08:19 by jimj316 »

Offline Wanderer

• He deserved it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 26, 2010, 17:44:10 »
Coolio! I'm very eager to play! Gonna build my own house and basement..

Wait that reminds me...

Here are the pics I promised yesterday:

I am rather proud of my cozy house. :)

Offline Wanderer

• He deserved it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 26, 2010, 19:10:57 »
Sorry for double posting but I have an idea.

Instead of just filling up Nifflas' forum with Minecraft maybe we should just use a simple forum website live vBulletin or something and create our own forum to discuss Minecraft. Maybe name the forum after ACWL's server? :P