Corrupt-a-Wish

• 2926 Replies
Re: Corrupt-a-Wish
« Reply #2130 on: August 22, 2014, 23:04:19 »
Granted. You acquire one tomorrow and are killed in a car crash a few days later.

I wish I could digest lactose (milk sugar).
I've never meta pun I didn't like.

« Reply #2131 on: August 23, 2014, 21:57:43 »
Granted, but now you have celiac disease.

I wish fire resistance wasn't awkward.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 22:00:07 by StraightFlame »

Offline CWolvie

• Expect the unexpected.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: August 25, 2014, 19:50:25 »
Granted (if you mean this). It doesn't exist anymore.

I wish I was with someone who celebrated birthday a few days ago.
Finished levels:
(my first try)

“Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains.” ~ Khalil Gibran

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: August 25, 2014, 23:37:42 »
You are arrested for a terrible crime which you did not commit but with evidence stacked against you, and locked in a cell with a hardened criminal who just turned 29.

I wish The Jack a swift recovery!

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: August 26, 2014, 02:37:58 »
Granted, now the Jack possesses mad skills in all the coolest fighting games.

I wish my house was right next to a Chinese restaurant.

« Reply #2135 on: August 27, 2014, 01:27:35 »
Granted; you now live in one of the worst (in any and all regards) buildings you could imagine.

I wish the A2XT devs didn't heavily alter my level like they did. (Why is my big boo upside-down? Why do explosions no longer say "BAN"?)

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: August 27, 2014, 12:09:33 »
They did not alter your level. Everyone hates your unaltered level.

I wish I could maintain the level of inspiration I had for Knytting that I had last week.

Offline CWolvie

• Expect the unexpected.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: August 28, 2014, 20:14:04 »
Wish granted, but because of this, you missed more important things.

I wish the toilets in the basement where I'm working these days could be repaired finally and that spooky sound of elevator didn't bothering me.

Finished levels:
(my first try)

“Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains.” ~ Khalil Gibran

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #2138 on: August 28, 2014, 21:23:32 »
Granted. The toilet is being repaired, but due to the stench of the toilet, your boss decides to move everyone to the highest floor in the building. As for the sound of the elevator, *poof* elevator is gone, so you can now start walking those stairs day in and day out.

I wish the package I ordered a few days ago and was supposed to arrive yesterday would finally arrive.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: August 28, 2014, 22:57:41 »
It arrives when you're on the toilet and, because you can't answer the door in time, they take it back.

I wish the website where I ordered my stepdad's birthday present had called me to process the payment like they said they would, and that someone would answer their phone out of office hours so I could have sorted things out after getting home from work.

Offline CWolvie

• Expect the unexpected.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: September 01, 2014, 18:57:00 »
Granted. They call you in 3:00 AM about the payment, you are little confused, but eventually you collude with them. Later, you send the money and expect that they will send the present you ordered, but nothing is happening. You call them back, but no one answering the phone, the number doesn't exist at all. What a shame! Buy your stepdad something in the shop (for example electric razor, a new shirt, etc.) instead.

I wish it wasn't my birthday today.
Finished levels:
(my first try)

« Reply #2141 on: September 01, 2014, 20:13:05 »
Granted; your birthday is now on every other day. As a result, you age 364 times faster. On the other hand, you can now say your birthday is also on the 29th of february.

I wish The Escapists' most recent update didn't do that idiotic thing where you lose your weapon if you get sent to the infirmary.
(The prison guards that you manage to defeat will not stop attacking you on sight until they eventually KO you, and my escape plan requires a lot of guard-fighting. Also, weapons are expensive.)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 20:14:43 by StraightFlame »

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: September 04, 2014, 13:37:17 »
Granted: your weapons aren't lost; they're confiscated!
They can be retrieved by killing an extremely powerful guard and taking his key to unlock the confiscated weapons locker.

I wish dental work wasn't so expensive!

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #2143 on: September 04, 2014, 15:49:17 »
Granted. Dental work now costs you 8% less.

Aside: Isn't dentistry covered by the NHS, meaning you pay a flat rate usually between £18-£49? Frankly, I envy that system (well, maybe not as much as the free general healthcare). This past month I've had to pay the equivalent of about £180 just for a check-up, cleaning and a filling. A few days ago, I started feeling my crooked wisdom tooth pushing through my gum, and the cost of dealing with that is sure to be several times more.

Anyway. I wish I didn't have to start working on assignment I barely understand as soon as I've recovered from the horrid cold I currently have.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 15:50:59 by sergiocornaga »

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: September 04, 2014, 17:27:39 »
Great, so the corruption is that I feel guilty for moaning about £50 in the face of your greater financial woes for less work?
Touche...

(Some parts of Health Care, such as dentistry, optician...atrics, and some prescription medicines, are not free unless you have exempting circumstances, such as being a minor, unemployed, disabled, etc... I'm not suer if the prices are discounted).

You don't, because your cold develops into some form of super-flu and your are bed-ridden for 2 years, by which time you have to restart your course from the beginning.

I wish for fun times in the coming week (going on holiday!)