Anyone else beat it yet?

• 26 Replies

Offline DoomGoon

• View Profile
Re: Anyone else beat it yet?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2009, 02:32:54 »
Does anyone know what the future of this game holds?  I think I remember mention of him working with Nicalis for a console version but who knows...

Are there going to be more official episodes?  Will they be free or will we have to buy them?

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2009, 07:34:41 »
Does anyone know what the future of this game holds?  I think I remember mention of him working with Nicalis for a console version but who knows...

All the stuff about a console version was months ago, when all that now-outdated information was released.

(For example, this article. "According to Nicalis's Tyrone Rodriguez, the developer has "WiiWare in mind." However, "In truth," he told IGN, "it could be WiiWare, Wii disc or even PSN, XBLA and PC."" OR EVEN PC!)

I don't imagine a port to a console would be impossible, but it seems unlikely to me.

Are there going to be more official episodes?  Will they be free or will we have to buy them?

If there are not future episodes, I will be severely disappointed.
good bye

Offline Saml

• now I've got a pie turtle too
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2009, 18:18:21 »
Nifflas has hinted at a continuation of the current plot, as he said that he has a surprisingly detailed plan for the plot. And who can ignore the gargantuan cliffhanger at the end of the first episode?
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Now that stars are official, I can go wild down here! :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar:
Quote from: Nifflas
There are many things you can explode. Cats, paintings of fruit, Kaknästornet, factories...

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2009, 00:17:11 »
Nifflas has hinted at a continuation of the current plot, as he said that he has a surprisingly detailed plan for the plot. And who can ignore the gargantuan cliffhanger at the end of the first episode?
We'll see, I can't promise anything. Besides, it's kind of my style (WaDF) to tell excerpts of stories and later re-connect to them in other games. To be completely honest, I haven't made up any plans yet, but I hope that every game I do can tell something more about the universe.

Offline scwizard

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2009, 02:40:20 »
My brother bought it today for me for Christmas. I beat it today.

Very much hoping nifflas releases some more episodes as a thank you to those who put down cash.

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2009, 03:39:13 »
We'll see, I can't promise anything. Besides, it's kind of my style (WaDF) to tell excerpts of stories and later re-connect to them in other games. To be completely honest, I haven't made up any plans yet, but I hope that every game I do can tell something more about the universe.

<3

Offline The stickman

• Lol wut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2009, 20:18:51 »
I finished it in 3 days, all endings. ;)
Don't worry, I think I'll just be a jerk and rub it in you face with my mad platforming skillz!

JK, I wouldn't do that.
For those who want tips, what I did was get all the items, then try them in the teleporter with different combinations. It's a lot of fun, because it's all right there for you.

My Stars::hiddenstar::hiddenstar:
The blood of the innocent will flow without end, it's Zorc - That's me! - it's Zorc and pals!

Offline dvit

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2009, 23:15:39 »
If there's a continuation would it be of the best ending or could there be alternate following episodes, each from a separate ending?

The ones where Saira manages to use the teleporter could be really cool.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2009, 04:34:06 »
My brother bought it today for me for Christmas. I beat it today.

Very much hoping nifflas releases some more episodes as a thank you to those who put down cash.
I'd really like to do this, but it will depend on a few factors. Saira is a complicated game to create levels for, and right now I want to do something really simple and easy. I think I have an awesome idea. Perhaps when I've finished this, I'll create more content for Saira.

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2009, 05:06:19 »
I finally beat it in the middle of last week. I accidentally skipped Goldschmidt and after trying out all combination I was frustrated I couldn't get the good endings.

So I read the forum and felt quite stupid I have overlooked that planet (it is kinda out of the way) and did it all. Hardest part was getting the battery power, the items are quite easy to obtain.

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2009, 17:08:03 »
Seems loads of people are really eager for Niff' to be creating more episodes. While that'd be awesome, if and when, why not try opening up the editor in the meantime and starting to nose around yourselves?  :^^:
It's a lot of fun and there's a really nice, rapidly expanding collection of information in the Saira Level Editing Support forum. Really well organised too (thanks LightningEagle!)  ;)

Offline wohali

• @wohali
    • View Profile
    • An Atypical Life
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2010, 01:31:54 »
Yup! Played through the first 2 planets, bought it, then finished the remaining ones. Took me about 4 sittings of 2-3 hours each. Amazingly fun, and just the right level of challenge. Every time I thought it was going to be too much, I took some time off, and came back and managed to beat the game.

Looking forward to more episodes...and yes I'll take a look at doing my own, too!
[achvmnt]VkVSMDKAgAAA4QABgoKBgQAAgQCB[/achvmnt]