Secrets (Obvious Spoilers Ahoy!)

• 57 Replies

Offline DoomGoon

• View Profile
Secrets (Obvious Spoilers Ahoy!)
« on: December 12, 2009, 12:57:50 »
I just posted a "beat it" thread but didn't want to delve into any potential secret spoilers there.  

Not that I've really found anything secret yet... however, if you manage to make it all the way up left via jetting on "Dragon Noir" There is this thing here.  I don't remember if it had anything to do with a puzzle.  Anyone remember?

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Also, anyone catch any WADF/Knytt references?  Obviously there's the big one in one of the endings (don't remember the combination of parts offhand) but anyone notice anything else?  I swear a couple of the animals looked familiar.  I also wonder if we'll see "bird game"  :P2

Likewise, was trying to figure out what was marked on these plyers... I see an N and S so it's probably Nifflas or Nicklas.

[mod]added spoiler tags.[/mod]
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 13:44:48 by Miss Paula »

Offline Beomene

• View Profile
Re: Secrets (Obvious Spoilers Ahoy!)
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 13:39:40 »
Wow, that statue is wonderful.
If you managed to get that, it means you are good at jumping walls and hurling yourself through the air with an outright deathwish...! I would never have figured that kamikaze move out if Nifflas hadn't showed me.

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 14:02:57 »
I've never seen those pliers, but there's also something that can be interpreted as a submacopter somewhere on that planet. :] (reference to QC)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 14:24:15 »
There's an interesting story behind the first picture. I originally attempted to animate Saira in Poser 5 but once I had the animations working I couldn't figure out how to put clothes on her. I realized I'd need to create clothes in 3D Studio Max or something to make them look like I wanted, so either I'd have to put use a naked heroine in the game or learn some other software. I decided to finally learn Anime Studio Pro better instead, which turned out to be a much better choice anyway.

As a reference I wanted to put the original Saira somewhere in the game.

Offline LightningEagle

• Who's the wacko, you say?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 19:47:23 »
Not that I've really found anything secret yet... however, if you manage to make it all the way up left via jetting on "Dragon Noir" There is this thing here.  I don't remember if it had anything to do with a puzzle.  Anyone remember?

Found it too and it's not part of a puzzle.
I just thought, hey.. an open space.. and I've got access to flying nearby.. let's check it out!

Also, anyone catch any WADF/Knytt references?  Obviously there's the big one in one of the endings (don't remember the combination of parts offhand) but anyone notice anything else?  I swear a couple of the animals looked familiar.  I also wonder if we'll see "bird game"  :P2
The combination is:
Targeting Unit: Basic
Impulse Charge: High Power
Fuse: High Power

I noted down some numbers which was written on one of the generators in Dragons Noir, but they were never used anywhere. : /
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 19:58:24 by LightningEagle »

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 19:54:49 »
I noted down some numbers which was written on one of the generators in Dragons Noir, but they were never used anywhere. : /
Nifflas told me that was actually from the device he photographed, so there is really no meaning to it. =P

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 19:57:17 »
the blue generator has some braille on it which means "push! call" as far as I could figure out through extended research, but quite obviously it never turned out to mean anything significant for the game either. X)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline LightningEagle

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 19:58:35 »
Btw, which puzzles did you have the hardest time doing? I'd say the "programming puzzles" in Goldschmidt was great, but the heart-shaped one was pretty nasty. Apart from that I didn't really have much trouble. Not that it was too easy, the difficulty was fine, but... wouldn't mind them in a higher difficulty either.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 20:14:39 by LightningEagle »

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 20:03:48 »
I've never seen those pliers, but there's also something that can be interpreted as a submacopter somewhere on that planet. :] (reference to QC)
Yes, you have to have seen the pliers, otherwise you would not have been able to recharge the spaceship. xD

But there is an even harder secret to find on Dragon Noir, which seems also to be a reference to the webcomic Questionable Content. Sorry, my bad...
Spoiler: What it looks like (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hint (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 20:10:24 by PONTO »

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2009, 20:06:27 »
That is not a QC reference! I wonder how many can reach it :D

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2009, 20:08:36 »
It isn't? Then I misunderstood you when you told me about it. xD

What is it, then?

Offline LightningEagle

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2009, 20:14:55 »
Btw, what did the "Ship Drive Extension" do anyway?

EDIT:
Now about references:
I'm sure it's not a reference, but the behavior of these creatures reminded me of the orange creatures on the outer wall in Cave Story
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 20:22:48 by LightningEagle »

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2009, 20:28:33 »
It isn't? Then I misunderstood you when you told me about it. xD

What is it, then?
It's just a radio playing a silly tune :)

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2009, 20:37:25 »
Heh, it would have been cool if finding that thing unlocked the radio on the spaceship, then. Or some more stations. Too late for that, though. :P

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2009, 22:36:09 »
The coming soon sign (with teh bird) looks like a reference from World Of Goo....