egomassive's Knytt Stories Plus mod

• 1097 Replies

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
Re: egomassive's Knytt Stories Plus mod
« Reply #645 on: March 14, 2014, 18:48:52 »
Egads, what have I unleashed?

As Ego said, I have no programming ability. :(
And if he does generously decide to implement my idea, I intend to use it in Dragon Myth which is being made to use KS+. Incorporating both mods is, for me, too terrifying a concept for me to even speak of without my brainnnadssd wibble cluck.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #646 on: March 15, 2014, 01:02:07 »
Also, I just found a bizarre glitch.  It's hard to reproduce, but essentially, by maneuvering between two screens and the screen loading taking a certain amount of time, I'm able to collect things on the exact opposite side of the screen.
Drat. I'm aware of this problem, but I thought I had it beat. Key blocks gave me so much trouble because they destroy slowly. I'll see what I can do.

I recognize that being restricted to the same enemies as when KS was first released back in 2007 makes it very hard to create a level that feels fresh. KS+ has the ability to change the appearance of enemies, but not their behaviors. Although programmable/new enemies is a brilliant idea, it's beyond the scope of this project. One of Nifflas' concepts for Knytt Underground was to be able to combine movement, detection, and attack AI to create a large number of possible enemy behaviors. Since I didn't want to encroach on KU, I decided not to include programmable enemies in KS+.

Polana, I have often wanted those invisible shapes myself. However, I don't regard the ceiling to be a critical area for smooth collision. Also, you can make any invisible shape you want since they're actually visible, 1 degree of blue. You can include them into tilesets.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 15, 2014, 01:10:17 »
Oh, thank you. I didn't know that.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #648 on: March 21, 2014, 01:30:33 »
Incorporating both mods is, for me, too terrifying a concept for me to even speak of without my brainnnadssd wibble cluck.
That's impossible. You have to choose between them for each level. I do have an idea of making a level converter from KS+ to KS Ex though... E.g. converting a map with just golden creatures and coins is extremely simple (by hand), since I've already stolen both as template objects. Don't expect to actually see a converter, there's little chance I'll make it. :)

What I'm thinking of making is a layer for background objects that would be underneath the ground tiles. It could contain moving clouds, rising water or what not. Rising water done this way wouldn't kill though, unless explicitly programmed to. Same nuance as with foreground layer in KS+.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 01:34:13 by GrayFace »

« Reply #649 on: May 18, 2014, 14:49:32 »
THE SITE IS DOWN ;~; every time i try to go to the website, it says "Error 404 not found" i tried hand typing the link and it does the same thing, HALP
(by site, i mean the site where you download the mod from)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 14:58:35 by Gamershy »

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #650 on: May 19, 2014, 05:56:41 »
Yeah, that happened. :sigh: I can't get it fixed until Monday.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #651 on: May 19, 2014, 12:32:58 »
Well, it seems to be working now!

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #652 on: May 19, 2014, 16:44:33 »
Well, it seems to be working now!
Yes! :D It's back up. I had to update my automatic payment method for my server service. :oops:

« Reply #653 on: May 21, 2014, 14:57:51 »
YAY i'll download the mod this coming weekend ^w^

Offline rainulous

• I never picked up the key.
    • View Profile
    • Hartje Music
« Reply #654 on: August 04, 2014, 16:38:20 »
What's the minimum OS this mod can run on? I currently only have a machine with Windows 2000 and there's no sound. I lost my XP product key  :sad:
Thanks for the stars, everyone!

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #655 on: August 04, 2014, 22:33:23 »
What's the minimum OS this mod can run on?
I built it on XP. It's a standard x86 program as far as I know. I don't believe it uses hardware support, but I may be mistaken. I just let MMF2, the software it's written on, do it's thing.

Update: I'm currently installing MMF2 on my new computer. If I remember correctly, I had version 1.1.2 ready for launch but did not release it. So, I will check the status on that. I intend to work on sprite templates some, mostly as they are requested. Overall I've grown tired of this project and only intend to do a little maintenance if it's needed.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 22:43:58 by egomassive »

Offline rainulous

• I never picked up the key.
    • View Profile
    • Hartje Music
« Reply #656 on: August 04, 2014, 22:38:24 »
I don't really understand why it wouldn't work, considering Saira can even run on Win2k. But the good news is I found my XP key. So I can start working on levels again.
It's not really much of an issue since I don't know anyone who uses Windows 2000 anymore except myself.
Thanks for the stars, everyone!

Offline Ultigonio

• I'm sleepy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 10, 2014, 01:41:35 »

I can't seem to get the "_ Delete" object to work.  I've tried putting it on top of or next to what I want it to delete, but I'm not having any luck.  I'm pretty sure I knew how to use this at one point....
Indefinitely Held Off:
Pouring
Complete:
This Level Plays Itself!

My SoundCloud

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #658 on: August 10, 2014, 12:23:51 »
Make sure you select the right layer first, then select any object 0 of any bank and click on the ones you want to delete.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 10, 2014, 12:55:57 »
LPchip, there's an object on the mod that can be used to delete objects via triggers, so you can have a static enemy, or a mechanical block like the 'no jump' blocks, vanish by use of triggers, so as not to need duplicate screens. I once used one to make one of the warp objects disappear so warps did or didn't function depending on which passage out of the same side of the screen you ventured through.

I've not used one in a while but I'll have a look at my programming in a moment and see if I can suggest any advice.

Edit: I was gonna post a screenshot from my level but the best example I have is guarding a secret area which I don't want to give away.

The 'Delete' object in your screenshot will only delete the objects it shares a tile with. You need to place a 'Delete A' object on every tile with a 'no jump' object if you want 'Trigger A' to delete them all. Be aware that it will delete every object in a tile it's placed on (so if you place one on the tile with the 'no jump', water and 'spring' objects, it'll delete all three - as far as I'm aware there's no way to refine this).

Delete objects will not delete scenery from tilesets, so if you're trying to do that, you'll need to turn the scenery into a CO.

If you're still having trouble:
  • Make sure your trigger is set to 'trig on touch' and (if you're as paranoid as I am) 'repeatable'.
  • Also remember, if you're using 'Overlay' on the tile, nothing on layer 7 will interact with anything not on layer 7 (including Juni).

The delete object will delete everything on its tile, whether placed on top of or under it, unless one or the other is placed on layer 7 with overlay switched on.

If this doesn't help, try setting the trigger to animate or make sound so you can see if it's the trigger that isn't working. Test the delete object by placing it over a visible object and see if it vanishes when the trigger is activated. This should give you more clues as to what's going wrong, and help you give more information if you need to ask for help again.

If you can't solve the problem, try posting more about exactly what you want your 'delete' object to do.

Script from my screen (which deletes multiple objects using one trigger, because all the objects have a 'Delete' tile placed over them):
TrigVisible(A)=False
TrigEffect(A)=False
TrigRepeat(A)=True
TrigTouch(A)=True
TrigType(A)=3
TrigSound(A)=None
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 13:30:09 by Talps »