Can't run the game

• 4 Replies

Offline tinaun

• View Profile
Can't run the game
« on: December 17, 2010, 15:58:06 »
Every time i try to run the game, my antivirius pops up and says that "infected file ....\Temp\stdrt.exe has been dectected"

What is that? is there any whey to remove it or run the game besides disabling my anti-virus every time?

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
Re: Can't run the game
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 22:31:09 »
I don't think there's any way around it: the way Multimedia Fusion games work, the stdrt.exe file is created every time you run the game, and it's deleted when you quit.

Depending on which antivirus software you have, there may be a way to "whitelist" this file, add exceptions or something like that; I'm not an expert on that though. You could also run the game inside a virtual machine, but I guess that'd be a bit too much for just a game.
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 01:33:03 »
Which antivirus are you using?

There are 2 possibilities. Either you have a virus on your pc that infected the game, or its a false positive.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 04:53:57 »
There are a couple threads on the ClickTeam forums about antivirus apps reporting that file. Might be worth checking it out:

Topic
Topic

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 08:39:08 »
I can assure you it's a false positive and that there's nothing wrong with stdrt.exe.