[Lunatic/Challenge/Large] Salvation V.1

• 15 Replies

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
[Lunatic/Challenge/Large] Salvation V.1
« on: May 20, 2011, 21:19:44 »
I finally finished it. Salvation is now finished. Please Download if you want to play it.

Knyttlevels Link: Click to Download
Sendspace Link: www.sendspace.com/file/b151an
Mediafire Link: www.mediafire.com/?6wk46d3slgxvf1i

Storyline: Eons of time have been passed by during the knytt world. Now the knytt world is nearing the end. There is only one tiny section of the world where there is still life. The knytt world is on the verge of the end. Juni must find a way to get to heaven somehow... Juni realizes that there are dangerous areas in the living area. Juni sets out to explore for hints to get to heaven.

Future: I will release a second version of this. It will contain a "Normal" difficulty you can choose. People can choose Normal or Lunatic in this second version. There will also be an extra feature but that's a secret...

A Note for some people: The difficulty of this level is lunatic so if you are a newbie to this level or the LoCP, You might want to stay away from this level until i upload Version 2, Which includes a normal mode. If you are up to the challenge though, be my guest. I have tested every screen and it is possible.

PICTURES:

I hope you enjoy this level...
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 01:18:51 by PeppyHare4000 »

Offline Zackarii

• View Profile
Re: [Lunatic/Challenge/Large] Salvation V.1
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 23:26:22 »
Sounds interesting, not to mention somewhat ironic (or humoroustiming) considering all this rapture/end of the world/Judgement Day claims.

And I've never played a lunatic level that I know of, but I'll give it a try. I don't know if I'd be that good at it. I'm not a Noob. I've played Knytt Stories for a while. A few years ago I played it and was making a level on it too, but I don't have the level anymore as my comp had to be erased of everything cuz of a virus x.x

But the point is I'd be happy to give it a try!

Offline Ganoan

• Wondering...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 08:23:03 »
Nice level! Even I haven't beaten it, yet. But this is one of the lunatic levels which still contain a story and which just make sense. Most of the lunatic ones are just lunatic because of unfair passages or tons of traps. Yours has a lot of style and challenging but well balanced areas to manage. When there are passages I have problems with, then I rather think "it's because of myself" than "it's because of mad level design". Congrats for that!

At the moment I'm stuck at the 4th screen you show us here, but on the way back...

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 10:45:17 »
I've got two keys and now I'm searching for the 3rd trial, only found the hint so far. Plays great so far, except for those boooring green buttons. x1016y1002 shouldn't be passable when generator is off, because doing it only to find that the key is locked is no good.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 10:48:31 by GrayFace »

Offline PeppyHare4000

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 16:57:02 »
@GrayFace
What powerups do you have so far... I use the green buttons to test your endurance skills.
At the generator thing... Sometimes, its fun to do things like that but i try not to overdo it...

@Ganoan
Thanks for your comments... i originally made normal levels but for some reason, i thought
people would be dissapointed so i made them more challenging. My skill grew so my paranoia
went along with the rise in difficulty and that is how i can make a lunatic level like you said.
I read a topic on what people say they don't like in level editing so i try to avoid what is said
on that topic.
As for What you need help in...
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

@Zackarii
The idea of this level was because of a Knytt Stories competition back in 2010 but i did not finish the entry in time. This took me a while to develop. As for your past computer problem, that is what backing up data is for. I guess you learned the hard way but it still sucks that you lost everything...

Offline Zackarii

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 03:04:07 »
I wasn't trying to comment saying it was supposed to be around the time but I just thought it was interesting, ironic, or humorous, or maybe all three, how it was posted around Harold Camping's predictions.  :P

And I've been playing the lever and I like it so far.  :^^:

Offline Ganoan

• Wondering...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 08:36:50 »
I'm getting deeper and deeper into this incredible level! Still I haven't finished it yet, but I get more and more curious about challenges I could face next. The size of the level is perfect which means to me it is very huge! One question to you, Peppy: Are there any alternative endings?   

Offline PeppyHare4000

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 13:44:32 »
Anyways, i am glad that people like my level... i guess my work payed off after all... :)

Offline RichardJ

• View Profile
    • My Flickr photostream
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 14:13:09 »
I've never played a lunatic level before (or at least never got past the first few screens) but I'm enjoying this level, the story and level design are interesting enough to motivate me to keep trying. That said, when the normal version comes out I might take advantage...
Currently, though, I'm stuck on a screen with a switch that
- I can't figure out how to progress from there.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 14:48:39 by RichardJ »

Offline PeppyHare4000

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 22:54:21 »
I've never played a lunatic level before (or at least never got past the first few screens) but I'm enjoying this level, the story and level design are interesting enough to motivate me to keep trying. That said, when the normal version comes out I might take advantage...
Currently, though, I'm stuck on a screen with a switch that
- I can't figure out how to progress from there.

Offline RichardJ

• View Profile
    • My Flickr photostream
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 00:10:24 »
Thanks, I completely forgot about those guys!

Offline Ganoan

• Wondering...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2011, 15:08:36 »
I'm nearly finished with it and by now it is one of the most amazing levels I've ever played. And trust me: I played a lot! One thing I would like to know, Peppy: How many months took it to create this one with all of its refinements concerning trap design?

Offline Ganoan

• Wondering...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2011, 21:57:22 »
Finally I did it and it required lots of skills. And I'm glad that I was skilled enough not to despair of this fantastic (but also a kind of evil) level. Thanks, Peppy, for this great challenges! I'm really looking forward to future projects of yours. You will have to compete with yourself.

Offline PeppyHare4000

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2011, 23:34:07 »
I started in september and finished in may.
Of course, i took long hiatuses at one point (I have a life, thank you).
But i decided to come back to this level and finish it. I enjoyed making it.
As for saying this level is evil, that is why my friends dread testing my levels :P

I am making a level but i am dumbing down the difficulty though to see how it goes.
If i don't like it, i will go back to making lunatic levels.

I think i did okay with this project.

Offline FlamingBurgerKing

• Please, Don't eat the mushroom
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2011, 00:55:07 »
I'm trying it and it seems cool.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0<br />DO NOT CLICK Yume Nikki is EVIL! As Nifflas once said, Knyttwaffle. If you couldn't tell, my favorite level is Don't eat the mushroom by UncleSporky.]