KnyttLAN - A KS lan mod

• 9 Replies
KnyttLAN - A KS lan mod
« on: June 25, 2011, 15:52:58 »
Hey guys!

I'm happy to introduce KnyttLAN, a local network mod I made for KS!

In order to play together, all you have to do is choose a nickname and pick up a level. Anyone playing the same level as you will be able to see you, with no further effort.

You can chat with each other (show\hide the chatbox by sweeping the mouse cursor over and out) by pressing T and typing in your message.

I have not tried it over a VPN (such as Hamachi) so feel free to check it out and tell me if it's working well.

I know it's probably full of bugs, but it does deliver a flowing experience. It is an alpha version and I will improve it with time.

Important points:
Please do not use blank\identical nicknames.
Powerups collected are your own. You cannot share them nor steal them.
You CAN play a level from a savepoint when playing with others.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?zrqx85498x2jsfr (put the executable inside your KS directory). Link updated

Mirror provided by LPChip: Click here! Upload date: 04-11-2011

Any replies about how well it's working, questions, etc are welcome.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 19:41:57 by LPChip »

Offline LB

• I failed the Turing test.
    • View Profile
    • LB-Stuff
Re: KnyttLAN - A KS lan mod
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 03:02:44 »
Heh, clearly MMF2 made, because I'd recognize that awful input dialog anywhere XD

Just a question, though, why'd you spend so much time working on making it work for LAN when it'd have been loads easier to do it with Lacewing like KSO?

Also, I can't download anything from mediafire (too spammy and addy, my antivirus software blocks it) :(

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 19:06:11 »
Of course it's MMF2 made, I used to original KS files in order to create this mod..  O_o
And the reason that I've made it for LAN was because my sister asked me if there's a way to play with friends over a local network.. And it was reallllly easy to make to took me appx. 3 hours. Also, it's fast and easy to play together; you don't need to connect to any server or even be depended on any outer server in order to play; you simply choose a level and anyone who chooses the same level over LAN will play with you.  C)

Offline torg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 01:03:10 »
Very cool. I always wanted something like this! It's working well too :)

Offline Roxas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 03:13:41 »
Link is dead D:

Click my eggs so they won't die and they'll love you forever!

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 03:00:37 »
Updated! thanks for pointing out.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zrqx85498x2jsfr

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 13:30:03 »
Do you have any plans for updating this? Because with mediafire as filehosting, it will certainly drop out somewhere in the future again. I can host the file for you, its not that big, but if you plan on updating it, that could be an issue.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 16:45:56 »
At the moment I do not plan on updating it, so if you can and willing to upload it to your server, I would much appreciate it! ;)

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 19:42:33 »
At the moment I do not plan on updating it, so if you can and willing to upload it to your server, I would much appreciate it! ;)

Uploaded to my server and added to the 1st post.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 18:21:13 »
Can I play KnyttLan with WLAN ad-hoc local network? Should I configure IP adresses?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 12:44:46 by jordan.bubus »