[Scenic/Tiny/Easy] The Tiny Games Trilogy

• 5 Replies

Offline Healy

• View Profile
[Scenic/Tiny/Easy] The Tiny Games Trilogy
« on: December 13, 2011, 07:58:03 »
I've just uploaded a bunch of my old levels to the Knytt Stories level archive, which got me thinking again about the three tiny games I made in a weekend about a year ago. The Tiny Game Trilogy, as I like to call them, aren't connected in any way but their size and general feel, but I think experiencing them as a group improves them, if only to make up for their shortness. (I'm really not exaggerating their brevity, by the way; I think the average number of screens in them per game is six screens, maybe seven.)
Download links, in order of release:
The Mad Doctor's Lab
Tree House
Black as Night
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 08:24:19 by Healy »

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: [Scenic/Tiny/Easy] The Tiny Games Trilogy
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 05:46:00 »
These were fun little levels. I'm glad you packaged them together like this. They are so short that I think they work better as a group. Playing one would be like eating one bite of something delicious. It would just leave you wanting more. Three bites are more satisfying. Nice ambiance by the way. Glad to see my old bird track in use.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 10:26:02 »
Nice. Indeed, delivering them together is the right thing. They have more in common than just size. They are all rather challenge-less, have cutscenes with classical "This is what happened next".

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 14:30:43 »
Nice little levels! "Tree House" is particularly inspiring. Makes me wish for a larger environmental level with several tree houses, some larger than others, some very large, with all kinds of small storage rooms, ways to get to the roof...  :crazy: Also, extra points for eccentric tree house owners with
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
- seriously, that was both funny and cool.

Offline LordMarzog

• [interesting text goes here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 02:30:21 »
These are really cool! Regardless of the size, these were really fun to play.

If you can pack that much fun in a small level, I can't wait to see what you can do with a big level.
Nevermind, just played your "Snowy Island" level. Wow. Now I really can't wait to see you do another level!
Nice work!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 02:37:23 by LordMarzog »
Run the Gauntlet: Prologue | Run the Gauntlet: Part 1 I'll add more interesting stuff here when I have more interesting stuff to add. (duh)

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 02:31:53 »
Also enjoyed these :)