[Challenge/Misc][Normal][Medium][Collaboration!] Rainy Day Adventure

• 17 Replies

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Glorious Trainwrecks presents a collaborative level by Sergio Cornaga, Healy, Danni, Luluna, Juliette Porée, Zecks, Draknek and TheCube:

Rainy Day Adventure!

A level in which you can have exciting conversations...

...or take an ill-advised trip across the boiling cloud sea.

There's other stuff, too.

Don't delay! Download it today!

Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 10:27:29 by sergiocornaga »

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
P.S. This level is seriously great.

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
    • Twitter @Raicuparta
I'm excited! Downloading right now.

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
    • Twitter @Raicuparta
Absolutely loved the experience :)
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Will go through it again.

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
The plot seemed a bit ramshackle but I did have fun playing it regardless. Sadly, I don't often enjoy environmental levels that much unless they're really exceptional, and I found a few parts of this rather dull since most of it was enemy-free, despite some excellent tilesets. But the challenge areas were very good and overall I enjoyed it.
I agree with what Rai said about the ambiguous ending.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 02:41:01 by Talps »

Offline ortoslon

• View Profile
the conversations didn't excite me, can i get a refund

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
Great to see a new level of this size! I enjoyed playing it a lot; at times it felt like a long-awaited Gaia sequel (which is of course a good thing). Terrific tileset work in many areas, too. Healy's segment was, to me, maybe the best thing he has accomplished yet - so many little details, beautiful and playable interior space design, great dialogue, terrific
... wow. The chip music was mixed a tad bit loud to my taste, but that was the only thing that bothered me about the area.

As for the other areas, well...

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
@ Raicuparta: Glad you enjoyed it. That song is by Kanar, a band comprised of Nurykabe (composer of the original song, too) and Léo Mathieu. You can find the album that song is on here (or in MP3 format if you prefer). It features a number of other covers of Knytt Stories music you should enjoy. I've also just learned that a successor to that album was recently released, which I'm really looking forward to listening to now!

@ Talps: I'm happy to hear that your overall impression was good! I'm afraid environmental is my favourite category, so I'm probably going to work on a lot more levels that won't interest you much in the future. But I'll try to aim for exceptional when I do.

@ ortoslon: Note the "or" in the fine print. Exciting conversations were technically never promised!

@ yohji: Fascinating! The very areas you liked the most sound like the ones Talps would have been bored by. I agree that the level is a bit inconsistent, I did actually make a few adjustments to the other areas but felt anything major would have been against the spirit of the project. Nonetheless, I think this level manages to be more cohesive than other collaborative Knytt Stories levels I've played. You'll be happy to hear that I'd love to collaborate on another level with Healy if she's ever interested... but you'll probably need to hear the same from her for this to qualify as good news.

Offline Healy

• View Profile
Thanks for all the kind words about this level, folks! For what it's worth, my favorite section would have to be dotdot's.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Finally got around to this. Really terrific! Sergiocornaga and Healy definitely made my favorite areas here. Sergio's were the best looking/sounding while Healy's was the most entertaining. All in all, I thought the game was well balanced. A good amount of challenge with good amount of sight seeing. The path through the game felt natural, which is probably a big accomplishment in a collaboration level. I'm going to give you both stars, but not at the same time obviously.

Offline ixMarcel

• I'll get you during my next save game!
    • View Profile
Re: [Challenge/Misc][Normal][Medium][Collaboration!] Rainy Day Adventure
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 15:32:55 »
Just something...

Offline Sleem

• Ponies are cool..........
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 18:09:12 »
I would like to point out that my playthrough of this level has been documented in the form of a Let's Play. Hopefully, this fact is not as insignificant as I suspect it might be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejtystzoZfs
Watch in awe as I end every comment I've ever written and ever will write with the most epic signature in the universe!!!!!!!!!

poop

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
It's great seeing these playthroughs, much appreciated! Though, I'd love it if there was a playthrough including the ending, or maybe even the mysterious 'Area S'...

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2014, 18:15:45 »
Bump, and the like! I think this level deserves it.
What a well-put-together little adventure. I enjoyed this a lot; the tilework and challenges were great.
grao!

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2014, 17:25:03 »
Sergio, what is area S for? I found it and acquired
, but I've not found anything to use it on after leaving Geis, even by looking through the editor.

On a tangential note, what's the command to show Juni's map coordinates? I can't find area S in the editor.
I've never meta pun I didn't like.