Crudely rendered maps of Knytt Underground [Spoiler]

• 22 Replies
Re: Crudely rendered maps of Knytt Underground [Spoiler]
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2013, 21:54:15 »
I couldn't get the cheat tool to work on OSX. I did override the files, but there is no noticeable difference in gameplay, map/inventory do not work everywhere, etc. Did I do something wrong?

Enabling map/inventory/transform is done through the F9 menu - select "More..." then "Enable powers". I don't have access to any OSX systems to test whether the F9 menu works though - it's possible it might not even be enabled on the Mac build. You may also have to press a modifier key with F9 (e.g. Ctrl+F9, Fn+F9 or ⌘+F9), as I think using plain F-keys in OSX goes straight to the OS functions (volume up/down, etc.)

The map/inventory/transform setting also gets reset every time you enter or exit a chapter or minichapter, and sometimes at predetermined points such as entering The Disorder.

If you can't get the menu working, another option could be to add this code to the end of global script.py file:
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Assuming that the text editor you use doesn't break the file's formatting (remember to backup! Text editors can be evil things), this should enable your map, inventory and transform ability every time you enter the menu or a new chapter. The map will probably get disabled again as soon as you move to an off-map room though.

Offline YoanP

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2013, 15:56:47 »
DISORDER MAP RENDER

Knytt Underground - Disorder Map por YpqTW, en Flickr

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2013, 08:25:30 »
New rooms in the infinite hype beta release:

There are also some small changes to the main chapter 3 map, but I can't work out what they are yet.

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2014, 09:41:15 »
New rooms in the infinite hype beta release:

There are also some small changes to the main chapter 3 map, but I can't work out what they are yet.

Could someone upload a map of the Infinite Hype version of the game in a higher resolution? It's a bit hard to recognize some of these rooms when they're so small.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2014, 10:49:47 »
Could someone upload a map of the Infinite Hype version of the game in a higher resolution? It's a bit hard to recognize some of these rooms when they're so small.

Did you try downloading the full version?

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2014, 11:22:52 »

Did you try downloading the full version?

Are you talking about the complete map? I did, but it's based on the original version of the game. And I have no idea how to use Python, so I can't use the script to create a map for the Infinite Hype version myself.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2014, 18:47:56 »
No, I just wanted to see if you were viewing InfitHypeBetaMap.png at 100% size, and downloading is probably the easiest way to ensure that. Since it's aliased, you don't lose too much by scaling it up / zooming in.

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2014, 20:01:17 »
No, I just wanted to see if you were viewing InfitHypeBetaMap.png at 100% size, and downloading is probably the easiest way to ensure that. Since it's aliased, you don't lose too much by scaling it up / zooming in.

I see. That does indeed make things a bit easier. Though it's still a bit hard to recognize some of the rooms. If anyone would be willing to make a map out of screenshots similar to what has been made for the vanilla version of the game, I'd be fully willing to provide some screenshots of my own.