A Short Investigation (Abandoned Project)

• 5 Replies

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
A Short Investigation (Abandoned Project)
« on: April 22, 2013, 01:50:50 »
So I gave up on this level.  This was to be a short lead in to a whole series, but the tileset is just too unwieldy and time consuming, and I'm also just loosing interest.  So here is what was done.  There would have been dialogue on almost every screen until contact was broken once the "dark region" was reached.  I was going to try to build up the suspense and atmosphere so that the black structures were actually kinda freaky... hopefully.  Anyhow, here it is in all its unfinished glory:

http://www.knyttlevels.com/levels/HeadGrinder%20-%20A%20Short%20Investigation%20%28abandoned%20project%29.knytt.bin

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
Re: A Short Investigation (Abandoned Project)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 07:57:47 »
That orange part is beautiful. I don't know it's just me, but it has some 70s feeling for me.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 12:57:32 »
Ha!  Nice.  I wasn't aiming at that but I know what you mean.

By the way, if someone wanted to try to finish this, I think that would be an interesting challenge and would doubtless turn up some interesting results.  Just an idea though.

Offline B-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 05:34:04 »
This doesn't seem to work for me with KS version 1.2.1 (the current official version). Once I install the level and try to play, the game notifies me that I need a new version of KS.

Was this level made with one of the KS mods?

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 11:56:56 »
Was this level made with one of the KS mods?
It uses KS+ for it's Overlay feature. Some of the tiles subtly appear in front of the player character, but only on the first few screens. You could edit the World.ini to say "Format=2" without any adverse effects if you want to use official KS.

Edit: Headgrinder, the level looks great so far. I really wanted to keep going once I reached the end. The right atmosphere, music, or dialogue could have given you the creepiness the visuals were lacking.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 12:00:53 by egomassive »

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 12:46:35 »
Ooops, actually didn't mean to do that, I just always use ks+ now.  I'll try to post a non ks+ version as soon as I find time.