Happy Birthday to You [Enviromental/Misc.] [Small]

• 3 Replies

Offline Healy

• View Profile
Happy Birthday to You [Enviromental/Misc.] [Small]
« on: September 13, 2013, 08:45:10 »
Happy Birthday to You (Knytt Levels link here) is a short game I intended to release for a Glorious Trainwrecks Birthday Jam, but I got too distracted by other things to finish it in time for that. What happened instead is I realized my own birthday was coming up, so I made all the screens that still needed to be done (only three, as it turned out), put some polish on it (making the intro/ending cutscenes, mostly, but some other stuff needed to be done as well), and uploaded it for everyone's entertainment.

Has two custom tracks, three if you count the ambiance track by Egomassive. Also has two endings, despite being so small. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 02:59:40 by Healy »

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: Happy Birthday to You [Enviromental/Misc.] [Small]
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 18:59:33 »
Another fine level Healy. I played it even though it wasn't my borthday [sic]. :P *gives star*

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 23:02:42 »
I kinda liked this level. Found both endings.

Favorite screen (first attached picture)

I'm not sure how to describe why I like it. It just looks pretty.
Some of those yellow bouncy things seem to float like balloons, example on right side of first picture, but the more vine-like plant on the left side may be unintentionally floating. Maybe it's growing off the background wall.

Least favorite screen (second attached picture)

Those trees look so jagged.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 23:54:07 »
I liked the trees in Caveflower's second pic. It took me a moment to realize they were trees, but then I thought they were unusual and pretty. They're like origami trees folded by an insane arborist.