The Community Tileset Project

• 254 Replies

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Re: The Community Tileset Project
« Reply #135 on: May 25, 2014, 06:19:27 »
Going through the motions here, finished the vertical bone and mirrored the spine. In retrospect the invisible tile was dumb and user-unfriendly, so I've done the next best thing and edited the collision mask for the spine tiles to be as smooth as possible to climb without any graphical changes.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 19:52:39 by LPChip »

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 05, 2014, 01:37:30 »
I don't have anything to contribute to the current tilesets right now, but I would like to point out that the version of Community Tileset 4 in the OP is out of date.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #137 on: June 06, 2014, 18:50:50 »
I don't have anything to contribute to the current tilesets right now, but I would like to point out that the version of Community Tileset 4 in the OP is out of date.
They're both out of date. Fubaka must be busy.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 19, 2014, 22:44:38 »
Hi, I'm back.
I draw some broken bones. I changed my opinion about Sergio's invisible tile. It should be in the tileset.
Those ground tiles are superb.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #139 on: June 21, 2014, 18:32:14 »
Yea, progress. :)

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #140 on: August 03, 2014, 17:06:12 »
I apologize for my absence.  I was going through some emotional turmoil over the past few months, and as such, felt like I should disappear for a while from this forum.  (Don't worry, it has nothing to do with you guys)

Considering the lessened presence of contributors (myself included), allow me to go back to the first post and amend the rules.  I will be loosening the queue requirements such that:

• Once you've done your turn, you must wait until either one (1) other person has made their additions, or at least two (2) days have passed since the last posted addition to add more to the same tileset.

Hopefully that helps.  I will see what I can add to the existing tilesets soon.
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 01, 2014, 11:18:38 »
Sorry, no update.

Just wanted to say a few things. First is I'm hoping to make a small level using two of the tilesets we've created so far - I have some ideas I like but at the moment my ending is really miserable, so i want to tweak the plot a little - brainstorming ideas and the like.

The other thing is that I'm pretty sad to see this die as it was great while it lasted and had some good results. It seems to me that the skull tileset, while awesome, hasn't really inspired a lot of ideas, which is why people stopped contributing. And the plant set is of a quality that few of us felt confident to match.

If people are still interested in this, can I suggest we sign off the skull set as completed as far as the Community Project is concerned (but with the usual 'use/edit ok' tag) and drop the plants set, and start two new ones? It might breathe some life into what was a really good idea.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #142 on: September 01, 2014, 19:59:46 »
The other thing is that I'm pretty sad to see this die as it was great while it lasted and had some good results. It seems to me that the skull tileset, while awesome, hasn't really inspired a lot of ideas, which is why people stopped contributing. And the plant set is of a quality that few of us felt confident to match.
I started both of those. I killed the project. :(

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 05, 2014, 12:31:42 »

Exactly. Go ahead and start a new one.

Offline SC

• Ha-ha-ha! Videogames! *laugh track*
    • View Profile
    • My personal website!
« Reply #144 on: August 03, 2015, 01:43:18 »
Is anybody interested in reviving this project soon? I might be down with contributing if nobody else will.

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #145 on: August 03, 2015, 03:04:54 »
Maybe. I think we ought to start over though. The existing tilesets in progress haven't exactly been inspiring confidence for the past year or so.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

Love anything

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 03, 2015, 18:03:42 »
Ok, in a bid to breathe life into this, here's 8 tiles of a new set. It's inspired by the ghost town in 'A Strange Dream'; I've posted rather an odd set of tiles but I think they demonstrate what I'm shooting for.

I, ah, borrowed (read shamelessly stole) the white noise pattern from Sergiocornaga's 'Vestiges' tileset for the house - hope that's ok! I also made a lovely tile to use as texture for the roof then forgot to save a copy of it before editing it for its purpose. :(

I feel that I'm actually getting good at drawing KS houses. :)

Edit: Removed my set as newer version posted.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 20:25:01 by Talps »

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #147 on: August 03, 2015, 19:10:50 »
Ok, in a bid to breathe life into this, here's 8 tiles of a new set. It's inspired by the ghost town in 'A Strange Dream'; I've posted rather an odd set of tiles but I think they demonstrate what I'm shooting for.

I, ah, borrowed (read shamelessly stole) the white noise pattern from Sergiocornaga's 'Vestiges' tileset for the house - hope that's ok! I also made a lovely tile to use as texture for the roof then forgot to save a copy of it before editing it for its purpose. :(

I feel that I'm actually getting good at drawing KS houses. :)

Hmm, perhaps this could be a tileset where you don't actually see the ground or the street level? Just jumping along rooftops like Batman or Dick van Dyke. Let's see what we can do here.

Love anything

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #148 on: August 03, 2015, 19:29:49 »
Hokay, I added to the tileset that Talps started. Basically I just finished up the house he made, then added a little chimney piece.

Remember when you add to the tileset that you must do only 8 tiles at a time! No more, no less!

(Also I removed the old unfinished projects. I hope nobody minds.)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 19:31:46 by Fubaka »

Love anything

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #149 on: August 03, 2015, 19:54:50 »
I, ah, borrowed (read shamelessly stole) the white noise pattern from Sergiocornaga's 'Vestiges' tileset for the house - hope that's ok!
That's fine. I'm surprised it was worth borrowing.

(Also I removed the old unfinished projects. I hope nobody minds.)
I'm actually sad to see them go.