Lu, Utopioca and the Disorder (spoilers)

• 4 Replies
Lu, Utopioca and the Disorder (spoilers)
« on: July 24, 2014, 17:23:25 »
Last weekend I finished getting all (most?) of the secrets in KU. Had a lot of fun doing it, raged in the Figure a bit, went until 5AM!

The character that caught my attention the most in this game is Lu. Every encounter with Lu (who I will assume throughout this post is female because she's caring for an egg) is mysterious and haunting, and the circumstances surrounding Lu seem to hint at huge mechanics of the KU universe. I see Lu as a kind of dimensional Rosetta Stone linking the regular world, the disorder and Utopioca. First, some of the facts I've witnessed:

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

All of this makes me believe Lu plays a huge role, or at least witnesses/experiences a much larger portion of the universe than most other characters. It also rises several questions for me:

• Do dimension crystals contain energy, consume energy when broken, or catalyze an existing potential dimensional reaction?
  • If the disorder can kick you out of its own accord, perhaps it can suck you in?
  • How are the disorder and Utopioca related, how do they interact, if they do? Utopioca is very bright and minimalistic, the disorder is messy and dark. Are they perhaps opposite sides of the same coin?
  • Is there disorder time in addition to disorder space? Does it follow the same rules as disorder space (same directions, different scales), or does it perhaps have reversed rules (different directions, same scale)? Perhaps traversing disorder time is done independently from traversing disorder space and through a different mechanism?
  • My theory about what happened to Lu: she lives close to Utopioca, that's where she found a few dimension crystals. She's messed with one or two crystals, and perhaps got lost not only in disorder space but in disorder time also (somehow, through handling the crystals differently or by carrying a different energy than Mi). Duplicate rooms in Utopioca are dead-end timelines spawned by the disorder, and in one of these a copy of past or future Lu is trapped. Perhaps the Lu that hates you and sends you into the disorder is also a temporal stray, I would guess from the recent past since her hatred for you still seems very raw when it would've otherwise calmed down over time. (Notice that, to my knowledge at least, you never encounter hater-Lu again... perhaps there is only one temporal stray, and hater-Lu, after pushing you into a disorder, goes back to her home which turns out to be an Utopiocan clone...)

Am I insane? Are there other tidbits of information I've overlooked that maybe provide slightly more simple explanations about Lu? Has anyone else given thought to this?

P.S.: I forked over 20$ CAD for the sandwich ingredients and I'm going to eat one later today, after sleeping :D

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
Re: Lu, Utopioca and the Disorder (spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 19:32:38 »
An interesting theory! I admit I've never paid much attention to Lu, so much that I was surprised the fairies mentioned her(?) name in some dialog.

When I saw 'Evil Lu' I simply thought she was just some dream or projection of Mi's inner thoughts (much like Tova in her dream). I can't remember the stuff about the egg so I can't confirm or deny (it's Aoi's egg, right?).
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline Wrenbot

• View Profile
    • Wikia wiki for all Nifflas' Games
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 18:57:21 »
KU is definitely deep and complex enough to warrant a wiki, with entries for all the characters, subplots and secrets. I'm actually surprised it's not already on Wikia.

In fact, there should be a wiki about all Nifflas games and how they connect with each other. Anyone up for it?
Check out the wiki at Nifflas.Wikia.com and help out! It needs entries and screenshots for characters, lore, secrets and easter eggs!

Offline the Jack

• not *that* Jack!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 19:33:03 »
If you build a wiki, editors will come...

Actually, it's eggplant.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 21:14:20 »
We have a wiki, somewhere. But it got a bit abandoned.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex