WHY is fire resistance awkward!?

• 4 Replies

Offline Billzo

• View Profile
WHY is fire resistance awkward!?
« on: August 14, 2014, 23:07:54 »
It's something I've been wondering about for a looong time! There is a song in Knytt Underground that is called "Fire Resistance is Awkward for Obvious Reasons". Perhaps it's a Swedish joke, but I'd really like someone to explain to me (even if it is... well, obvious) why in God's name fire resistance is awkward!

(I made an account just to ask this question! xD)

THANK YOU!

Re: WHY is fire resistance awkward!?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 23:47:50 »
This is a game with song names like "Please Exist, I'd Appreciate It" or "The Murder Mystery of The Crystal Dolphin Unicorn" and yet you are questioning how a certain specific one could be applicable to real life. Don't get me wrong, i'm not calling you out for overthinking a non-sequitur, but... KU's songs' names are weird like that. It's likely that this one follows that pattern. (Correct me if i'm wrong.)

As for my personal theory on how fire resistance could be awkward, i think it's referring to, well, have you ever used a fire resistance potion in Minecraft? I imagine it would be kind of like that; that a perfectly fire-resistant (read: highest conceivable level of fire resistance) object or person would be able to float or swim (respectively) in something like lava, a substance that gives you second-degree burns in mere seconds if you simply stand near it (due to convection). And even then, i haven't even brought up the surface of the sun. You could swim into there and see what's at the center. Wouldn't it be really awkward to know that you can push your friend (or throw his phone) into lava with no repercussions at all?
(Of course, i'm just assuming that we're talking "magic object that stays at a constant temperature no matter what", rather than "spacecraft that can withstand temperatures as high as 81 °F". I'm also assuming that the sun counts as fire.)

(I'm also assuming you're still checking this after 6 days of no feedback.)

Offline Gorfinhofin

• Totally Sane Storyteller
  • Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
    • My World Famous Grilled Let's Plays
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 03:27:47 »
My theory has always been that the fire resistance applies to you... but not your clothes.

When something smells, it's usually my monitor.

Offline Wrenbot

• View Profile
    • Wikia wiki for all Nifflas' Games
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 02:36:42 »
My theory has always been that the fire resistance applies to you... but not your clothes.

hehe and continuing with that line of thinking, how exactly is the fire resistance implemented? Does it prevent heat from reaching you? Then that barrier will also trap the heat generated by your own body, slowly cooking you alive! Like a greenhouse effect :shocked:

This is a game with song names like "Please Exist, I'd Appreciate It"

It's referring to God, isn't it? Something that's the topic of several dialogues in the game. and strangely enough, that is the exact feeling I get (wishing there was something more to the universe than what we can see) while listening to that song!
Check out the wiki at Nifflas.Wikia.com and help out! It needs entries and screenshots for characters, lore, secrets and easter eggs!

Offline Billzo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 01:41:20 »
This is a game with song names like "Please Exist, I'd Appreciate It" or "The Murder Mystery of The Crystal Dolphin Unicorn" and yet you are questioning how a certain specific one could be applicable to real life.

Most of those silly names usually leave me with a laugh or smile, either by cuteness or even profoundness... Like "Please Exist, I'd Appreciate It" or "We're Together, Here and Now". Some are pretty. Some are funny. Some are pretty funny...

But I was just hoping for a punchline to this one.

This is what I figured   :oops: