• 2 Replies

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
[Short Animation] GT Ambassadorial #1
« on: October 23, 2014, 00:12:27 »
Hello kind people of Nifflasland:

I have created an experimental animation that I think you will find relevant to this forum.  It involves a young girl who bumps into a deitic figure who some of you may be familiar with.

It also uses a song from Knytt Underground at the end, so there's that as well.

You can find the animation in question here: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/647625
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Re: [Short Animation] GT Ambassadorial #1
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 23:45:39 »
What made you decide to embed this at 1400px high, much taller than the most common screen resolutions? Is that the experimental part? I just watched the SWF directly to see everything at once, but the lack of full black bars at the sides makes me think this wasn't what you wanted to happen.

I liked the clickable things and the sounds they produced. I also noticed the glyphs you used seem to be a language of sorts based on substitution cipher... is it worth decoding?

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
Re: [Short Animation] GT Ambassadorial #1
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 00:42:42 »
What made you decide to embed this at 1400px high, much taller than the most common screen resolutions? Is that the experimental part? I just watched the SWF directly to see everything at once, but the lack of full black bars at the sides makes me think this wasn't what you wanted to happen.

I liked the clickable things and the sounds they produced. I also noticed the glyphs you used seem to be a language of sorts based on substitution cipher... is it worth decoding?

Nah, it says what the dialogue is saying, albeit with a few omissions and changes.

Also, yes to the first thing.
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything