Custom character in KS+?

• 4 Replies

Offline Exalok

• View Profile
Custom character in KS+?
« on: February 26, 2015, 01:28:49 »
So I've got KS+, I've looked through the tutorial, but all I can find in relation to custom characters is the [Custom Character] tag at the beginning of the World file and later on the Shift (( ShiftCharacter(A)=Knytt )) to switch character images.

Point 1: I want the game to start off with the new character image.
Point 2: I have no idea how the programming makes the link between the 'Custom Character' tag and the 'Knytt' mentioned in the Shift???

Sorry, I'm not all that great at programming and I have tried a number of things until now, none of which worked x_x Does anyone have advice?

Re: Custom character in KS+?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 05:41:32 »
Egomassive should have an actual answer to this.

In the meantime since I'm here, try this.
1. In your "World.ini", in the [World], you should find "Character= Juni" tag. To change the initial character, simply change "Juni" to whatever the file name of your character is- "File's name. file extension".
 If you haven't already, before that, you need to add your character's .png file into the "Custom Objects" folder in your world's file. Afterwards , write in the [Custom Character] "Imagen="File's name"."file extension" (where as n=any number, file's name is the name, and file extension of the image which I presume is a .png). If your custom character is unintentionally invisible, you've done something wrong.

2. I'll leave it to him.

Well, good luck.

Offline Exalok

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 14:43:14 »
SWEET! I got to the invisible character stage :P

Thank you very much though!! I'll try to fiddle around with what I've got here and make it work until Egomassive puts in his two cents about the matter. I feel kind of silly to not have noticed the Character tag under [World] :/

EDIT: I FIGURED IT OUT
I'd just forgotten to switch the format under [World] to 4, like Egomassive told me to in my last level edit thread. Sorry man -_-'
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 14:51:53 by Exalok »

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 16:24:27 »
Thank you for fielding this question PhoenixTigerz. *gives star* Exalok, for future reference the Features Demonstration level has notes inside the World.ini to help you out and the KS+ Instructions.txt that comes with KS+ has detailed instructions on the use of most features.

Offline Exalok

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 13:43:20 »
Thank you! :) I'd seen the notes in the World file, but I forgot to check out that txt one. I'll make sure to read through it now.