My third play-through -- a few questions

• 1 Replies
My third play-through -- a few questions
« on: July 14, 2015, 07:14:34 »
(Long post. Feel free to skip to the 3 questions.)

I really love this game, and I'm playing it through for my third time.

I've temporarily pulled the Knytt Underground songs out of my iPod playlists for a couple months, so that the only time I hear them will be while I play the game.

I have waited long enough, that there are a few things I don't remember, but not nearly as many as there were on my second play-through.  It's sad to realize that I may soon have gotten as much as I'm ever going to out of this great game.  (I'm in it mostly for the story, not for the difficult jumping puzzles :-)

On my first play-through, I chose whether to let Dora or Cilia speak based on what kind of answer I wanted to give to a person. On my second, I let Dora do all the talking, for all conversations.  On this, my third play-through, I am letting Cilia do all the talking.  From time to time, she surprises me.

I just finished talking to Mi's brother, Do -- one of many dialogues that I enjoyed quite a bit. There is some really nice storytelling here. Add that to the amazing music, and I just love being immersed in this game. Thanks again for making it.

A few questions:

1. I am being asked by Dora, once again, if I think I am really saving the world. I don't think I've ever been able to answer anything but "Maybe" to this question, but I'd like to know: does anything different happen if you choose Yes or No? – Other than Dora or Cilia getting upset?

2. How does wangleflower work?  Does it wear off, and require constant "boosters" to maintain its effects?  Or is it like the love potion in the Twilight Zone episode "The Chaser," where if you take it once, you are stuck with its effects for life?

If it's the former, then that really changes my opinion on a piece of advice that Cilia gives someone during the game.  And, if it's the latter, then I stand by my opinion that Cilia should have offered an *extra* piece of advice (which I guess I won't post here, to avoid the spoiler).

So...  Do the effects of wangleflower last forever?

3. I really love the storytelling and the characters in Knytt Underground.  Are you ever going to make another game like this?

I know that a lot of why you wanted to tell this story was to compare the world views of a believer vs. a nonbeliever.  But in the process, you made each of them into these great, sympathetic characters -- along with a lot of other people that you meet while you play the game.  (all, of course, while listening to the beautiful music.)

Will you ever make another game like this?

Thanks, for this one!

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
Re: My third play-through -- a few questions
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 07:51:31 »
I really liked the part of the story with Do too: short yet somewhat touching.

Regarding your first question, I've looked through the game script and there doesn't seem to be any consequences to that choice (i.e. no flags are set or anything).
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone