Knytt Stories Trailer?

• 3 Replies

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
Knytt Stories Trailer?
« on: May 30, 2016, 19:20:41 »
Does there exist a Knytt Stories Trailer? I haven't seen one, and I've looked around. If there isn't, I'm considering making one. I often want to show friends what it is and there's not a definitive video.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 20:18:36 by pfrangip »

Offline ixMarcel

• I'll get you during my next save game!
    • View Profile
Re: Kitty Stories Trailer?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 19:44:11 »
I don't think there is one. If you want to make a trailer, I suggest you emphasize on the amount of levels that were made for this game  ;).

Also why is the thread title "Kitty Stories Trailer?".

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
Re: Kitty Stories Trailer?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 20:19:41 »

Also why is the thread title "Kitty Stories Trailer?".

Autocorrect and lack of proofreading.  :moody:

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Knytt Stories Trailer?
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 21:58:51 »
There is no trailer for Knytt Stories. The reason is quite simple to explain. Knytt Stories is a free game. A trailer is meant to be used as advertisement, which is useful when you want to actually sell a game.

Although a demoversion of a game is also used as marketing tool, the sole purpose of a demo version is to ensure the game runs on your computer. Installing a demoversion is often a step too far, so people have to be made interested otherwise. Trailers are easily shared and watched which is why they exist. But again, they're a marketing tool, and for a marketing tool to be useful, you often have to be selling something. This is not the case for Knytt Stories. The game is free which is often enough to tell people to try it anyways.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex