Infinity Hype: A few final questions before closure

• 4 Replies

Offline rh

• View Profile
Infinity Hype: A few final questions before closure
« on: June 12, 2016, 11:40:14 »
Hi,

After I think I have seen everything is the "original" KU I have spent the last weeks to try to achieve the same state for the Infinity Hype Update.

I have now done the two "font challenges" and used AA's level editor to make sure I have seen every screen. So far so good.

Before I can FINALLY achieve closure with KU (wow, it has been about three years!), I have a few open questions:

• What are screens x31y40 und x32y40? I may have come across them as part of some other secret (as I said, except for those two I have seen ALL other screens), but I cannot remember.
  • While researching the game, I came across hints that there is not one but two Ball Secrets. Is that true? I only found the "complicated" ball secret. If there is another, I would be grateful for a hint.
  • In the Infinite Hype level with the dream, Do challenges Mi to a race. Can you actually win that? It seems the level always just ends at Mi's house without any further mention of her running time.

Thanks a lot in advance!
rh

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
Re: Infinity Hype: A few final questions before closure
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 12:29:19 »
You can't win the race. There are no further mentions of it in the dialogue files. I got the impression that this whole mini chapter deliberately keeps transitioning from one random event to the next and forgetting about what just happened because that's what real dreams are often like.

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 12:32:16 by kilicool64 »

Offline rh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 21:20:21 »
Thanks a lot for the responses!

Yes, I remember, the menu disco, hardly a secret, but the ball is needed to get there, so probably that is it.

Concerning the race: That's what I suspected, thanks for the confirmation.

----

So the last open question is the one about screens x31y40 und x32y40. I dug a little deeper, and they are part of "Stranger Dream", the same level as the race thing. These screens contain a conversation, which according to the script files is as follows:

Code: [Select]
Do 0=(Do)Hey Sister.
Do 1=(Do)Do you remember how to travel through the disorder?
Do 2=(Do)If it's too dark, stand still for a few seconds to shine. Don't move even a bit, otherwise it won't work!
Do 3=(Do)Patience is the key; the more you wait, the longer the light will last last. Just remember to stand COMPLETELY still.

It seems to be a reminder on how to use the disorder as part of the disorder sequence in the dream level. But I cannot find out how to get to those screens to get that helpful reminder...

Offline rh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 21:30:43 »
Never mind. While I typed the previous post, I had KU open. When I switched back to the window, I was on the screens in question  :P

I assume it must be time triggered, if you spend too long in the disorder part of that level.

Well, I guess that means, I am FINALLY finished with this game. Woohoo!

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 15:50:15 »
Nice to hear, but have you checked this topic I made some time ago?

http://nifflas.lpchip.nl/index.php?topic=6293.0

It contains a very large list of all the secrets I found. Did you get all of those?