[Challenge - Very Hard] - Doden Vantar: Chapter One: A Harsh Winter's Night

• 144 Replies

Offline EarthBound015

• Meeeeork!
    • View Profile
    • Pick on the Bully's YouTube Channel!
Doden Vantar:  Chapter One:  A Harsh Winter's Night

Welcome, this is a tale, be it true or just myth, of a Knytt named, Aden.  All of her life, she has been an outcast, the black sheep of the family, or at least, so she thought.  She is now twenty-one years old and living by herself, her family comes to see her from time to time, but she never notices, just as she never notices the state she is in.  Delusion sets in, almost as if dementia has a hold on her brain, tearing every shred of happiness from her, grinding her hopes and dreams to nothing.  But little did she know, this was all preplanned, her destiny has already been written, nothing can change who she is, no one can take her away from this reality.  The darkness will have her, one way or another, the darkness never gives up, the darkness, never, gives up.

After almost a year, I present to you all,

Spoiler: Doden Vantar! (click to show/hide)

Me, Mr. Monkey, and BloxMaster have all been working hard on this, all of this work was for all of you.  We aim to please and I think you will be more than pleased with what is in A Harsh Winter's Night.  The next Chapter will be even more fun, with more in it, a lot more screens, and a lot more story.  Hopefully more art next time!

I want to hear everything you have to say about it, be it good, be it bad.  I'll take everything to heart, and fix the next Chapter accordingly!

Also!  This is VERY important!  YOU MUST DOWNLOAD Knytt Stories Advanced (KSA) TO PLAY THIS LEVEL!  The topic is located HERE

Everything should be sorted out now.  It had nothing to do with the level!  :DD  Just remember to read up on how KSA works before trying to play :D

Alright, now for as many credits as I can remember, which happens to be everything I wrote down as I was going along plus a few more:

Actors/Actresses

Aden - Paula

Narrator ? James

Alexi ? BloxMaster

Seth ? KG

Blake ? Googoogjoob

Samael ? James

Abraxas - Itsmehere

Old Man - James

Artists
Charity

BloxMaster

Mr. Monkey

Musicians
EarthBound015
Nox Arcana

Tilesets
Skyflyer
Eric Colossal
EmeraldFire7
Johnny Chthonic
Nifflas
Elder
Paula
Fredrik Anderson
Jonolio
JC Grim
Squall
VDweller
Lingon
Effervescentstripes
B-Man
BloxMaster
Mr. Monkey

Custom Objects Creators
BloxMaster
CPW
Bass

If you have been forgotten, smack the hell outta me and let me know!  Everyone who was a part of this needs every bit of credit!  Without all of you, this wouldn't be possible!

Thanks for all your help!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 02:39:12 by EarthBound015 »
Teeeheee

Offline KG

• Perhaps.
    • View Profile
    • Kittens
Spoiler: Irrelevant now? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 21:51:38 by KG »

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
I think the link is broken media fire says its been forwarded to media fires developement team, ive refreshed the page and closed then went back same thing  :sad: I wanna plaaayy  :sigh:

Offline Mr. Monkey

• jolly good fellow
    • View Profile
EB, why did you release it without getting my bug report? D:

Releasing before all the bugs are fixed is bad, and, I might have been able to fix that Mike Terry bit. :(

Oh, by the way, it is possible to skip KSA's timed cutscenes by pressing Control-Q.  I don't know why that isn't documented :/
o__  o

Invalid File. This error has been forwarded to MediaFire's development team.

how can i download its stoping me  :sad:

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
I have a theory. People weren't putting KSA into their KS folders like I thought they would. So without KS's Data folder, they didn't have the tilesets, so that made parts of the level bank. Copy KS's Data folder to KSA's folder.

Apparently Gorf was the only one to do this. :/
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 13:05:13 by BloxMaster »

as i have read it seems there are problems with the uploading file and downloading the file so im just gonna have to wait  :S

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
I'll just clear this up: The download was deleted by EarthBound because he thought the level was messed up. He'll upload it again soon enough.

4a

I have a theory. People weren't putting KSA into their KS folders like I thought they would. So without KS's Data folder, they didn't have the tilesets, so that made parts of the level bank. Copy KS's Data folder to KSA's folder.

Apparently Gorf was the only one to do this. :/

You probably shouldn't assume people would do this. As I recall, the newer versions of KS were meant to be in their own respective folders with everything basically already set, so it makes sense to think this "KSA" would also be the same deal.

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
I should have made that more clear, but now it is. I hope. :/

Offline lamarblake

• ICU
    • View Profile
In my best Ed McMahon voice: "You are correct Sir!" Copying and pasting the data folder did indeed solve that problem. I started playing again but have to go to work so I only made it through a few screens for a look and a listen and.......I deleted my earlier post so as not to spoil anything for those who haven't looked at this level yet. Most important thing I noticed with just a little game play was the music. Now that I loved. Will finish later....glad that data folder problem was solved Blox.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 18:54:21 by lamarblake »

Offline victor12

• AKA victory man.
    • View Profile
Invalid File. This error has been forwarded to MediaFire's development team. grrr
*victorY12 wants his nickname on the forums changed.
*victorY12 is not dead, he's still hanging out on IRC.
Spoiler: this forum's visitors (click to show/hide)
NOTE:If you see it, a new flag will appear
Ask me anything.

Offline farik

• let's make some $
    • View Profile
has this been reuploaded yet? i really want to check it out

Offline EarthBound015

• Meeeeork!
    • View Profile
    • Pick on the Bully's YouTube Channel!
Re uploaded!  Sorry about the inconvenience!  Now hopefully we can put all of this behind us, :P
Teeeheee

4a

Re uploaded!  Sorry about the inconvenience!  Now hopefully we can put all of this behind us, :P

Like how Mike Terry put his past behind him when he moved to California. :D