Minecraft

• 351 Replies

Offline Yukabacera

• Tasen Soldier (LL868:ALDK)
    • View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2010, 18:35:50 »
No level generation thingy shows up: it just gives me that Generating Level... loading screen (you know, the one that says eroding, soiling, etc.) and then I go into the level. It seems to be the same level every time, but it's obviously not a multiplayer one because I can generate new levels, and the multiplayer commands don't work.

And I am logged in.

Seriously, I just don't get it.  :P2

=|=
:hiddenstar: My only one.

« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2010, 18:59:48 »
@SF: Wikipeidia sez your graphics card supports OpenGL 1.2-I think you need at least 2.0 for this to work. Sorry!
Insert any kind of Big What that would fit SF here. Insert any kind of Big No that would fit SF here.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 19:04:28 by StraightFlame »

Offline Gorfinhofin

• Totally Sane Storyteller
  • Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
    • My World Famous Grilled Let's Plays
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2010, 19:33:57 »
I get the same thing when I try to join now.

When something smells, it's usually my monitor.

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2010, 21:08:33 »
it just gives me that Generating Level... loading screen

That's the thing I'm talking about. Refresh and it should show the red "Connecting..." screen.

@SF:Oh dear, you've found TvTropes. Expect to lose years of your life mindlessly clicking on links. Seriously, what's with that site?

Spoiler: RAEV TIEM! (click to show/hide)

Offline Yukabacera

• View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2010, 21:34:27 »
@SF:Oh dear, you've found TvTropes. Expect to lose years of your life mindlessly clicking on links. Seriously, what's with that site?

"I started playing (in this case, browsing) around noon and emerged sometime from my room later to find that the authorities had declared me legally dead."

it just gives me that Generating Level... loading screen

That's the thing I'm talking about. Refresh and it should show the red "Connecting..." screen.

No go. I refreshed several times and it's the same.

=|=

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2010, 22:06:35 »
Server software updated itself, restarting the server and making a new access URL.
http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp?server=83f999b50dd1a43ff1d2349f9605ce3

If that link ever fails to work, use this-http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp?ip=92.15.105.83&port=25564-which is a direct tap into my server. Please don't if it's avoidable though, uses more bandwidth that way.

EDIT:The IP address changes every three days, I will try to keep it updated. PM me if I forget.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 13:09:58 by jimj316 »

Offline Yukabacera

• View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2010, 22:12:33 »
Ah, that worked! Anyway, I improved the JIM a bit: now it uses the famous form of internet contemporary art, UNITINU. Or in this case, MITJIM.

Also I tried to create an epic lava stream thingy but it didn't work.

Niffworld is looking good, by the way!

=|=
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 22:17:16 by Yukabacera »

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2010, 23:25:44 »
Yeah, this is working well now.

A few things I would like to add:

Zone protection is available (which allows only one person to place/delete blocks inside a given cuboid) , but only for meaningful structures like a person's base, or a highly complex pixel art. Protection will expire if the owner does not venture inside the zone fo one week. Ask me if you wish to have it.

some useful building commands include:
/place <blockname> (Places <blockname> under your feet)
/cuboid <blockname> <solid/hollow/wire/random> (Fills a cuboid with <blockname>
/spheroid (see above)
/undo <1-120> (undoes your actions for the last <1-120> seconds)
/redo (guess)
/replace <block> <block2> (replaces all <block> with <block2> inside a given cuboid)
/abort (cancels any pending action)
/bind <block> <block2> (whenever you place a <block>, system replaces it with <block2>)
/tree <fern/cactus> (grows a tree wherever you place your next block. <fern/cactus> is optional)
If a command asks you to "modify two blocks to determine the edges", simply place or delete two blocks that will be at the two opposite corners of the cuboid. A block you place will be instantly deleted once the system registers it, and a block you delete will be instantly replaced.

To avoid accidental flooding, the physics are switched off. If you need water/lava to spread,  ask me and I will enable them for a while. Remember, fluids with the prefix active_ will spread, fluids without will not (like the ones I used to make the epic pillars on my tower) I will not enable physics if there is active_water or active_lava in the level already, instead I will replace all active liquids with their still counterparts first before enabling them. Take care placing fluids above sea level.

If you see the message PHYSICS SHUTDOWN IN <world> please /goto that world, and help me clear up whatever caused this. I will instruct you how upon arrival.

I think that's about it. Happy mining!

Offline Yukabacera

• View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2010, 00:27:09 »
I just got premium membership, and it's awesome. At first I was a bit skeptical: "Hmm, monsters? Limited blocks? Dying? That doesn't sound like Minecraft..." But then I decided to try it out, and I got hooked immediately.  XD

Also, I'm probably the ONLY person who EVER played Alpha and built a headframe above a mine. If you did this before me, tell me right away.

=|=

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2010, 00:56:35 »
I have premium membership, it is indeed at least 143% more awesmoe than the classic edition (which is still rather awesmoe)

Incidentally, I have the software to create a alpha server, but not the clearance to do so. When beta comes around, I will. Sound like a good idea?

Offline Yukabacera

• View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2010, 16:09:54 »
What do you mean, you don't have clearance? I can run an alpha server just fine and there's only one problem: it takes AGES to render.

=|=

« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2010, 16:47:25 »
Oh dear, you've found TvTropes. Expect to lose years of your life mindlessly clicking on links.
Insert Flat What here.

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 15, 2010, 19:46:51 »
Oh dear, you've found TvTropes. Expect to lose years of your life mindlessly clicking on links.
Insert Flat What here.
Insert Wiki Walk and TVTropes Will Ruin Your Life here. (Im not putting links from TVtropes)
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

Offline Mochaalatte

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2010, 19:48:57 »
Hey Guys! I just found out there was a thread about this here!
Also, I suck at alpha! Yaaaaaay!
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Bluh bluh. I have this thing now.

Offline TheDarkOne

• Darkness...
    • View Profile
    • Scratch Account
« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2010, 22:01:38 »
I think Notch might make it open-source once it loses popularity.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)