Forum Logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2018, 12:59:57 | See new unread posts
Home Help Search Arcade Chat Login Register

nifflas.ni2.se  |  Nifflas' Support Forum  |  Level Editing Support  |  Knytt Stories Level Editing Support  |  Knytt Stories - Custom Content  |  Topic: KS Tilesets made by Oft99 (Now with TEN new or updated tilesets!) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: KS Tilesets made by Oft99 (Now with TEN new or updated tilesets!)  (Read 22491 times)
Oft99

Total My honestly gotten stars: 4

Everybody's hour will come, one day.

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2009, 22:53:32 »

Hello, I'm Oft99. I have been playing Knytt Stories on and off for a long, long time now and I'd love to be able to show you all of the levels I've made to prove it. The only problems are, all of my early levels aren't that good and all my later levels, which are much better, use too many A Strange Dream and An Underwater Adventure tilesets to be uploaded here (I didn't know you weren't allowed to use them at the time I was making those levels). I'm working on a couple of pretty awesome level projects right now and this time they'll be fully "legal" so you'll be able to actually see them. However, It'll be a while before either of these projects are in a playable state though, so you'll have to bare with me.

Every now and then, when the situation merits it, I also make tilesets in MS Paint.
Some of you may remember back on the old forum that I made the "White Meadows of Heaven" tileset:

Now I've got a new one for you. I call it Desert Temple. It even has a matching gradient for making inside sections with it:
Spoiler: Desert Temple (click to show/hide)
(Despite the fact that Desert Temple is composed mostly from tiles that were copy+pasted from White Meadows of Heaven, it did actually take me the entire day to make Desert Temple because of how long it took me to tweak the colours.)

Enjoy! Feel free to use, edit and remix any of my titlesets however you like, but no matter how you use them,  please just remember to credit me for them! Thanks.

EDIT: Here's another tileset! This one's a straight-forward desert-themed one. It's called "Morkesigar" but don't ask why because it's kind of long to explain.
Spoiler: Morkesigar (click to show/hide)

EDIT: I've finally finished testing this new tileset, sorry it took a while.
It's called Ickle Forest. I know there are several other tilesets out there like it, but none of them worked well enough for the level I am making so I made my own instead.
The second screenshot shown in the spoiler is a screenshot of the level I am making that I just mentioned. An early version of this level should be available to play quite soon!
Spoiler: Ickle Forest (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Well hello again, those of you that still remember me. I've recently got back in to Knytt Stories again and have been doing a bit of work on my current level project. It'll still be a long, long time before said level will be in a playable state, but until then here's a new tileset that I've made for it.
I wanted to create an environment with a certain feel that was similar to Nifflas' Poison Forest tileset, but Nifflas' Poison Forest tileset itself just wouldn't cut it for the effect I was after, so I made my own and I called it Steve Polluted Growth!
EDIT: Scroll lower down this post to find an updated version of this tileset!
Spoiler: Polluted Growth (click to show/hide)

...And since I'm here I may as well give you these alternate versions of Ickle Forest which I had to use in my current level project. They may be kind of useless to you, but I may as well share them anyway.

EDIT: (May 22, 2010) I made an update to Desert Temple that makes the foreground tiles more distinguishable and the sand brighter. The old version is still available if you prefer that one.

Spoiler: Desert Temple Update (click to show/hide)

---

EDIT: (December 20, 2011) Guess what everyone? I'm not dead! (No, really, I'm not!)
I have a bunch of new or updated tilesets for you: Most of these I have actually had up my sleeve for months, I just haven't been uploading them here out of laziness.  :oops:
Work on that massive level I said I was making is still under way, but it'll still be a long while before I have a playable version to upload. Sorry!
To prove to you that I am actually making a level that will be playable some day, the demonstration screenshots provided with the following new tilesets are all screens from my level.
Now, on with the tilesets!
(Note that I now use Paint.net to make tilesets instead of MS Paint, so my new tilesets include transparency and gradient effects.)

Greenstone Halls
This tileset started as something inspired by Ripen's Temple tileset, but then evolved in to something in its own right once I started using it. Note that I intended for this tileset to be used in conjunction with Ickle Forest (see my earlier tilesets above), and while it looks a little restrictive on it's own you can get a lot of utility out of it when you combine it with Ickle Forest. The screenshots I've provided in the spoiler are examples of this.
Spoiler: Greenstone Halls (click to show/hide)

Blue Gloom
... also available in red and three shades of green, all with matching gradients! Buy yours today!
Spoiler: Blue Gloom (click to show/hide)

Polluted Growth: FINISHED VERSION
This is the version of polluted growth with sickly-brown-coloured stuff that I am using in the level I am making. The old version is still available if you preferred the dark red stuff.
Spoiler: Polluted Growth Final (click to show/hide)

White Meadows of Heaven: Revisited
I revisited the first tileset I ever made and updated it a little. It's available in two versions, and the original version of it is still included in the top of this post for those that wish to use it.

Desert Temple again...
Now I made it darker and easier on the eyes. Hopefully this should be the final time I modify this tileset. The previous two versions are still available for those who prefer them.

UNFINISHED: Foggy Bog
A tileset I started and never finished when I found I wouldn't need to use it any more. Do with it what you will...
Spoiler: Foggy Bog (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 19:28:24 by Oft99 » Logged

Salmoneous

Total My honestly gotten stars: 25

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 09:52:25 »

These are amazing.

Oft99

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 15:48:18 »

I've made another tileset which should appear in the first post in a sec.

Hmpf

Total My honestly gotten stars: 12

Here to make it rain.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 16:35:14 »

Wow. I can't wait to use Morkesigar in the desert sections of my level! It looks great!

(Sadly it'll probably be months, at least, before I get to the desert sections. For now I'm stuck with rainy places and caves. *g*)

Purple Pineapple

Total My honestly gotten stars: 16

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 19:02:23 »

The second two tilesets are just as good as the first. Amazing work!

Lurk more.
minmay

Total My honestly gotten stars: 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 21:23:53 »

These are well made, and my only real complaint is that the bricks in the desert tileset are much too bright.
Oft99

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 00:06:14 »

These are well made, and my only real complaint is that the bricks in the desert tileset are much too bright.
I sort of agree, but I won't change it because that would mean changing the colour of everything on the entire tileset to adapt to it and that would take too long.

I'm working on another new tileset as we speak, by the way.

Joozey

Total My honestly gotten stars: 0

It's a clockwork universe.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 01:06:26 »

These are neat!

Why is it called morkesigar?  :P2
No, seriously, the name sounds like it fits to the theme, and I want to know why it does so...

Gears grinding on maximum power, belts slipping to high speed.<br />In name of Her Majesty Victoria, FULL THRUST INTO ARMADA!
Oft99

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 01:32:13 »

These are neat!

Why is it called morkesigar?  :P2
No, seriously, the name sounds like it fits to the theme, and I want to know why it does so...

Like I said, the connection is kind of long-winded, not to mention uninteresting. In a several months (or maybe a few years) time if I ever make a level using a certain idea that I have in my head, you may learn what that connection is. Right now, however, it simply doesn't matter so don't feel curious about it.

That new tileset that I am making that I mentioned above is now finished, I just want to test it a little more tommorow morning before I upload it here.

Pumpkinbot

Total My honestly gotten stars: 20

No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 02:14:09 »

You are officially on my list of awesome people. :shocked: I remember using that first one for TTD, though. ;)

A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.
Oft99

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 21:30:53 »

I've finally finished testing that new tileset, sorry it took so long.
I've put it in the first post. Note that the second of the two screenshots shown under it is a screenshot of a level I am making with it as we speak. The first version of this level should be available on this forum quite soon, I hope!

Purple Pineapple

Total My honestly gotten stars: 16

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 22:07:31 »

Looks nice. Very knyttish.

Lurk more.
Dandelion

Yay owls!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2009, 15:49:33 »

Wow, these are Good! I like the bricks in desert temple, they don't seem too bright to me. It's too bad about your levels. :( Maybe you could make tilesets with a similar theme and the same layout to replace the ASD tilesets with?

Check out my tilesets!
Teper

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2009, 16:07:30 »

Great tilesets!
minmay

Total My honestly gotten stars: 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2009, 16:22:43 »

GRIPE: Why does everyone want to use the ASD tilesets or very similar tilesets?  You obviously aren't interested in making your own tilesets, so the original content argument does not apply; therefore you really should just use the default tilesets that are, on the whole, very similar.  Pretty much the only ASD tileset that couldn't be replaced in that fashion is the temple one.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
nifflas.ni2.se  |  Nifflas' Support Forum  |  Level Editing Support  |  Knytt Stories Level Editing Support  |  Knytt Stories - Custom Content  |  Topic: KS Tilesets made by Oft99 (Now with TEN new or updated tilesets!) « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length