KS Tilesets made by Oft99 (FRESH UPLOADS as of September 2020!)

• 56 Replies

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
What numbers are the default tilesets that you say are so similar? Ive never noticed any resemblance.

Check out my tilesets!

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
GRIPE: Why does everyone want to use the ASD tilesets or very similar tilesets?  You obviously aren't interested in making your own tilesets, so the original content argument does not apply; therefore you really should just use the default tilesets that are, on the whole, very similar.  Pretty much the only ASD tileset that couldn't be replaced in that fashion is the temple one.

Because if you want to make similar looking environments to ASD you have to use tilesets that are similar. (Duh)
Just because we aren't allowed to use the tilesets from ASD doesn't mean we should ban the style altogether.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
I'm referring to the people who specifically ask for tilesets very similar to (insert ASD tileset here).

Offline Oft99

• Known elsewhere as "EgoNaut"
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dandelion
What numbers are the default tilesets that you say are so similar? Ive never noticed any resemblance.
I meant there are similarities between Ickle Forest and a few other tilesets made on the Nifflas Support Forum but not to any of the built-in KS tilesets.
I hope I understood your question here.

Wow, these are Good! I like the bricks in desert temple, they don't seem too bright to me. It's too bad about your levels. :( Maybe you could make tilesets with a similar theme and the same layout to replace the ASD tilesets with?

Countless people have suggested this to me and the answer is always that it would simply take too long. Of the two main levels I have made that use ASD tilesets, one is just too big and uses all but one of the ASD tilesets at some
point within it, and the other level is smaller but is composed almost entirely, every inch of it, from ASD tilesets.

Another problem is that the only imaging program I can use to make my own KS tileset effectively is MS Paint and that can't make transparant tiles for things like fog effects. It would take too long at this point to teach myself to use a better program for imaging, but one day I will (probably Flash, since I have a copy of it and I plan to learn to animate with it anyway).

I would prefeably like to keep the subject of this thread on my tilesets and other similar subjects to avoid letting things get off-topic.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 00:33:51 by Oft99 »
My tilesets (fresh uploads as of September 2020):
https://nifflas.lp1.nl/index.php?topic=1407.0

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
OK, I completely understand. I'm sorry to have started this whole debate. I totally have to use these tilesets in one of my levels someday.

Check out my tilesets!

Offline Oft99

• View Profile
OK, I completely understand. I'm sorry to have started this whole debate.

It's fine.  :)

Offline Oft99

• View Profile
Well hey, it's me again. I'd be interested to know if anyone even remembers me and this thread any more.  C)

I've recently started playing Knytt stories and working on my current level project again. I don't know how long it will last, you know, but you can still be sure to expect at least one new tileset from me some time soon, since I am having to make one for my level.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
For some reason I've never looked into the Development Showcase threads until now, but I'm very glad to find them. 

Very very nice work.  Quite the contribution to the Knytt universe, so to speak.  Great work, look forward to playing the levels made with them.

I especially like the planters in the desert level.  I've been playing with something like that myself.

Offline Oft99

• View Profile
Re: Five KS Tilesets made by Oft99 (Yes, I made another :D )
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2010, 23:03:37 »
the previously mentioned new tileset is finished and contained in the first post of this thread.

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2010, 07:09:24 »
At first I didn't like the newest one because it seemed redundant, but now that I look at it more closely I see that it's an interesting mix between Poisonous Forest and Not Quite Dr. Cliche's Lab, which could be quite useful, especially for people who are tired of both.

Also you seem to have broken the original posting of Ickle Forest.

Offline Oft99

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2010, 19:40:36 »
Also you seem to have broken the original posting of Ickle Forest.

Thanks for telling me that, I fixed it now.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 19:46:22 by Oft99 »

Offline BioShock

• Yes, I do like Bioshock
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2010, 05:03:36 »
Wow, great tilesets, havent seen one i needed in ages, thanks!  :nuts:

Offline bulbapuck

• One day hoping to become Venopuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2010, 09:42:53 »
Just wanted to say thank you for allowing us to use these, I definitely will. And I'll make sure to credit you, of course.
Emma fell down a well - Enviromental KS level inspired by Salmoneous/Elder
Level in the works: Whitebow Island

Offline Oft99

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2010, 19:31:21 »
Thank you Bulbapuck, and how do you mean "stiff colours" Salmoneous? I'm interested.  :)

Edit: I meant Bulbapuck, not Bubapack.  :sigh: I type way too fast, you know.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 22:27:35 by Oft99 »