[strategy/action] Steel Sentinels

• 30 Replies

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
Re: [strategy/action] Steel Sentinels
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2009, 07:39:33 »
(we lost that game...)
I LOST THE GAME. D:

Anyway, the second level is IMPOSSIBLE. D:<
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2009, 12:50:40 »
...The second campaign level? Cuz I really hope you don't mean the second training level.
Well, it's pretty easy if you just learn to use the aquila. Try to play some multiplayer (preferably with an aquila similar to default) and then come back later, when you are more skilled. Worked for me every time... except for mission 10.
That one is hard. Still can't beat it like almost everyone else.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2009, 19:37:02 »
The second level got me for a while. The hardest thing about using an Aquilia is to remember that your advantage lies not in storming the gates, but in shooting through the windows. [/ambiguous metaphor] Basically, you have to use your speed and agility to your advantage. You can run (and jump, for that matter) circles around any other enemy; make sure they know it.

I just can't beat campaign level 9, though. I've been playing with my Tankle to much; I'm used to not bothering to move because I can outlast anyone else. XD

And speaking of the Tankle, I ran some tests in multiplayer to get some actual data, and it turns out that my last post was quite wrong as to how long it can stand constant fire. However, one unexpected test showed that even a (moderately nearby) nuke can't kill me when I'm at full health.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 00:12:48 by Pick Yer Poison »

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2009, 22:05:06 »
This game is not good.
Why do I have to press S to stop? Why am I forced to go through all of those tutorials just to learn how to aim and click? Why does the camera scroll up automatically, but not down? Why is the game so slow? Where is the fun? Why does it take so long to walk anywhere?
I'm sure I could find even more stuff to complain about if I played it more, but I generally don't play games that manage piss me off withinin the first 20 seconds of gameplay. :/
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2009, 23:58:54 »
The second level got me for a while. The hardest thing about using an Aquilia is to remember that your advantage lies not in storming the gates, but in shooting through the windows. [/ambiguous metaphor] Basically, you have to use your speed and agility to your advantage. You can run (and jump, for that matter) circles around any other enemy; make sure they know it.
Hmm...*goes to try this*
Edit: OMGIDIDIT
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 00:07:36 by Pumpkinbot »
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2009, 05:17:51 »
Well, I've been slightly bored with this recently, having gotten all the non-member parts, so I've been seeing what kinds of combinations I can give my sentinels. As a direct result, here are a few test screenshots of Project FABFH:

Spoiler: Adaptability test (click to show/hide)

Yes, I was quite bored.

EDIT: I've now tested it out in multiplayer, and I must say, I get a lot more kills, and a larger percentage of non-TKs, when I use the Tankle. I keep swearing I'll go back to it, but firebombs are just so gosh-darned FUN! D:
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 07:52:22 by Pick Yer Poison »

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2009, 06:21:12 »
I have given in to the Aquila...

This is my new mech. its really good at free-for-all matches.
Aquila-75VFA-V2
Tech Value:3025
Health:600 kPm
Energy:4 TJ
Jump:40%
Shields:200 GJ
Generation:16 GJ/s
Thrust85%
Parts
Reticulan head
Armoured arm
Light shoulder pack
Weapons
3x Minigun
2x Heavy gun
Modules
Reactive armour
Base capacitor
Targeter
Electron energy sheild

just target, run up close and FIRE!!!!!!!
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2009, 07:13:08 »
Speaking of Aquilas, I present to you Project HEAMA. I got bored with Project FABFH, so I switched to this one instead. I've been kicking the idea of attempting to maximize the Aquila's maneuverability around for a while, and I think it turned out nicely. :3

Spoiler: Test A (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Test B (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Agility Test (click to show/hide)

Yay for random projects that show how bored I am and how much I like making walking doom 'bots!

On a related note, now that I've closed up Project FABFH, I can put up the specs for it.

Also, @ACWL: Check your PMs; I PMed you my username so you can put it up in the first post. ;)

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2009, 08:53:30 »
Ok, I've set up a IRC channel for arranging multi-player matches. Not nesissarily Steel Sentinals, anything! To join, click the "chat" button at the top of the forum or open up your IRC client and type:
/join #fightclub
there might not be many people on, but I will be on most Australian weekday afternoons ( around 9-11PMish American time)
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2009, 11:23:53 »
Ohh, good idea! :D

Offline Vinterrun

• Schniggedi Schnapp die Daumen sind ab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2009, 15:47:31 »
Heja:
Da Vinteraccount:
Vinterrun
under re-construction:

Coming late:

Starwale *pun*

Offline TheSquashedOrange

• Nothing is bad or good, but thinking makes it so.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2009, 23:31:56 »
Long time no see :D. I'm actually a member of Funorb as it happens, so I get all the awesome, overpowered monstrosities (I have the one on the front page, the one that blasts the Slave, it's called the Valhalla.) I usually play standard games though because I'm a prick, >) I'll post up my two most favourite mechs here...

Chassis: Turtle-I21B
Minotaur Head
Ordnance Mounting

Weapons:
Dual Howitzers (like mortar, but A LOT more dangerous)
Dual Miniguns
Dual Heavy Rockets

Modules:
Scanner
Repair System
Reinforced Armour
Reactive Armour

Tech Value: 6100

Very tough, can stand alot of punishment with full armour and 1200KPM. Howitzers are extremely powerful, and two of them are downright nasty. It's repair system also allows it to regenerate. My favourite mech.

Chassis: Slave-MLVK-V4
Predator Head
Armoured Arm
Heavy Mounting

Weapons:
Triple Gauss Guns
Dual Plasma Cannon (not spray, 500 damage per shot :crazy:)
Rifled Sniper Cannon

Modules:
Ring Capacitator
Scanner
Coolant Array

Tech Value: 4875

Incredibly strong, only one unit of energy per shot, and it can kill a standard Slave in two shots. Not much in the way of armour, it is quite vulnerable to artillery, even with the sniper cannon.

Oh yeah, I've also beaten both the non member AND member campains. I'm not on the nifflas forum all that much, but I'll give my advice to anone who needs it.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 23:56:31 by TheSquashedOrange »

Offline Solarn

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2009, 21:53:19 »
This game is not good.
Why do I have to press S to stop? Why am I forced to go through all of those tutorials just to learn how to aim and click? Why does the camera scroll up automatically, but not down? Why is the game so slow? Where is the fun? Why does it take so long to walk anywhere?
I'm sure I could find even more stuff to complain about if I played it more, but I generally don't play games that manage piss me off withinin the first 20 seconds of gameplay. :/
Why are you being challenged with gameplay that doesn't conform to your expectations? WAAAH! :crying smiley:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 21:55:51 by Solarn »

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2009, 23:34:47 »
Why are you being challenged with gameplay that doesn't conform to your expectations? WAAAH! :crying smiley:
Yes, I suppose I should just get used to bad design instead, huh? <_<
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Solarn

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2009, 23:51:00 »
Yes, I suppose I should just get used to bad design instead, huh? <_<
You don't like it /= bad design.