• 30 Replies

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
Re: [strategy/action] Steel Sentinels
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2009, 01:12:22 »
You don't like it /= bad design.

Not what I said.
I don't think its badly designed because I don't like it. That would be stupid. I don't like it because of its bad design.
Bad design = I don't like it.
Its simple, really.

Lets go over what is bad again, so you don't have to think that I made up an excuse not to like the game.

It makes no sense at all to have to press S to stop. Key down/Key up events are a design convention for a reason. Why can't I just hold down right to go right, and let go when I want to stop? Or at least, use the same key to start walking as I do to stop?
The simple act of walking should be just that, simple, but for some reason they decided to turn it into an entire science instead.

I thought the fact that the camera scrolled up automatically, but not down would speak for itself, but apparently it didn't. If you are going to incorporate auto scrolling into a game, it would make sense to make it scroll in all directions. You can't just scroll in one direction, and force the player to scroll manually whenever they want to go the other, especially in a game like this.

The game is ridiculously slow. It doesn't have to take half a second to start jumping, but it does for some strange and bewildering reason. Walking feels pretty much useless, because of how long it takes to put just a few centimeters behind you. Seriously, it wouldn't hurt to be able to move a little bit faster.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 14:36:35 by Razzorman »
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D