KS Level Composer

• 47 Replies

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
Re: KS Level Composer
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2017, 00:31:34 »
So I was under the impression that this editor could be used to copy the content of one level and paste it to another.  However, I can't seem to do that, only duplicate the content within a single level.  Did I just have a misunderstanding or do I not know how to use this editor?

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2017, 17:56:49 »
I'm probably not the best person to try to explain this, since I have never tried to use KSLC for this purpose, but I believe the trick is using the "duplicate screens" feature to move the source screens to their intended position in the target level, so all the metadata (shift, warps, etcetera) in the World.ini file is automatically adjusted and you can import it easily into the new file. However, if you're not using any shifts/warps in the original level (or if you just don't need them in your new level), you could just open two different instances of the KS+ Level Editor and start copy/pasting screens from one editor window to the other. You may also need to adjust the numeric indexes (tileset A/B, background...) afterwards, if you're using custom assets.
Some KS levels by me:

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2022, 11:42:00 »
I've fixed a bug in KSLC's level select screen. If scaling is set up, listbox was getting "cut off" by program edges and the end of levels list wasn'
t visible. I didn't recompile, just edited it in resources.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a65ozwmg46qxf1m/KSLC%20fix.rar?dl=1