PDF Manual for KS Level Editor by SiamJai

• 17 Replies
Re: KS Level Manager by X_Sheep
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2010, 21:50:45 »
Detailed manuals are always welcome and encouraged from my point of view.  :-))

Are there other manuals around which might list all the objects and explain what they are and how to use them?
I was working on an guide that explains all the objects a while back.  Then I stopped because I felt there were way too many stickies, and I didn't want to spend 5 hours writing a topic that was likely to be stickied (thus adding to the clutter).  Now that there's more room on the board, maybe I should continue working on it?

Offline bernd

• View Profile
Re: PDF Manual for KS Level Editor by SiamJai
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2020, 22:01:32 »
I have a question too:
I am looking through a finished level (forgotten realms, to be precisely)
and am on a screen with a "shift R" object.
these things are explained in the manual too (like how to do the settings for it)
however oit all requires going to the "edit screens" page viy the same named button.
which, I might be blind, is nowhere to be seen!

was it removed in the transition from KS to KS+?

Also, how do I somehow edit an already existing and placed object?

cause clicking anywhere just changes the background tiles and not the "action block" (as I will call it due to not knowing right names).

how do I edit these?

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: PDF Manual for KS Level Editor by SiamJai
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2020, 01:00:14 »
To answer your second question ( I have no experience with the KS+ level editor ) to know for sure how it works there... Okay, I do have it, but it was so long ago and not used often enough to recall how it works there...

Your second question though, you have layers, represented by the buttons 1 to 8. 4 foreground layers and 4 background layers. Clicking on the number with left will select that layer. Clicking with right will toggle its visibility. By making all layers invisible, then toggling a layer on will allow you to find out on what layer an object is.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex