[Challenge/Environmental] Pestilence

• 48 Replies

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
[Challenge/Environmental] Pestilence
« on: October 23, 2009, 21:03:36 »
Pestilence is now completed:
http://www.jashiin.com/miscellany/Yohji%20-%20Pestilence.knytt.bin (new version of the last fixed fixed version)
(or http://www.sendspace.com/file/0fvrfm)

(shameless promotion mode ON)
Experience the strangest KS level ever! A broken world populated by people who scream for help! Visit the legendary terrifying eye garden! Find salvation by jumping into explosions! Torment your ears with unearthly music from the outer realms of another dimension! And much more! Hurry to visit a world where you appear seemingly for no reason at all, and which you can also leave for no reason whatsoever, or so it seems.
(shameless promotion mode OFF)

I've posted a preview of this level earlier, and it has a screenshot that explains more or less everything:
http://nifflas.ni2.se/forum/index.php?topic=1894.0
Other than the visual style, the level is mostly normal. Explore, collect powerups, explore more. Save the fish, perhaps. Or perhaps not. Custom music, as always. There are two endings.

Although the visual side of it is, as Razzorman so succinctly put it, one giant SGE, I most definitely did not want any voids or wallswims, so please tell me if you find any.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 19:24:54 by yohji »

Offline theiza27

• 'allo!
    • View Profile
Re: [Misc? / Challenge? / Environmental?] Pestilence
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 22:26:55 »
not finished yet... but i found a wallswim... after i jumped upwards from the screen below this 1.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 22:29:46 by theiza27 »

Offline theiza27

• 'allo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 22:30:01 »
and another 1 lolz

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 22:40:58 »
Thanks! I hate those triangular tiles, why don't they act like they're supposed to...  :sad:

Here's the fixed map.bin file (I think this should be enough to fix the wallswims?..):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/g9w1ni

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 23:20:15 »
I liked it.

Offline theiza27

• 'allo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 00:06:44 »
can u tell me how im supposed to implement that new map.bin file... like where do i dl it to lolz

oh and i dont know if i was supposed to get up here... but i found a void screen above this screen.

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2009, 00:35:28 »
can u tell me how im supposed to implement that new map.bin file... like where do i dl it to lolz

You download map.bin into the level folder, i.e. to Knytt Stories/Worlds/Yohji - Pestilence in this case. When asked if you want to overwrite the existing file, say yes.

oh and i dont know if i was supposed to get up here... but i found a void screen above this screen.

Damn, didn't occur to me one can get the run powerup before getting there.. well, I don't have time to fix it now :sad: I'll upload a fixed version tomorrow (it's 2am here).

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2009, 01:31:36 »
Finshed (I think) The cutscenes were EPIC.
Lurk more.

Offline theiza27

• 'allo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2009, 04:33:11 »

should've used them in the picture game :P

and thanks for clearing that up yohji... yeah ur stuffs pretty sporadic so its understandable that there's alotta loop holes... and btw i'm assuming that
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

anywho... judgements! dun dun duuuhn! i really like the concept of it all being a large cluster f@ck :) aside from the glitches... it coulda been longer... and more varied cluster f@ck atmospheres.

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2009, 09:58:11 »
Allright, fixed that one void screen near the eye garden, here's map.bin again:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/e2anr8

Thanks! Too bad those drawings took me forever to do, since I suck at drawing  :sad:

anywho... judgements! dun dun duuuhn! i really like the concept of it all being a large cluster f@ck :) aside from the glitches... it coulda been longer... and more varied cluster f@ck atmospheres.

Yeah, I know... I tried looking for tilesets that would look as nice scrambled as the one I used, but none fit.

As for endings,
If you need more than that,

Offline kaizoman666

• I'm a flasher.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2009, 21:44:58 »
Message recieved when installing into KSA: "File corrupt."

Uhhhh...
:hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar:

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2009, 22:04:19 »
Message recieved when installing into KSA: "File corrupt."

Uhhhh...

I don't have KSA so I never tested the level in it... sorry. Have you tried redownloading it? I just got the file from sendspace and it worked just the way it should.

Offline lamarblake

• ICU
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2009, 15:16:06 »
Hey, meant to leave a comment earlier but have been busy as of late. First, have played all your levels so far and this one, Pestilence, is by far my favorite. Quirky but lots of fun. Certainly easier for me than Robot Garden! lol

Thanks for your work and keep on keepin' on.

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2009, 20:15:55 »
Hey, meant to leave a comment earlier but have been busy as of late. First, have played all your levels so far and this one, Pestilence, is by far my favorite. Quirky but lots of fun. Certainly easier for me than Robot Garden! lol

Thanks for your work and keep on keepin' on.

Thanks for feedback! I'm really glad someone's playing them, things looked kind of sad after The Parallel Cat...