Forum Logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 27, 2017, 19:19:41 | See new unread posts
Home Help Search Arcade Chat Login Register

nifflas.ni2.se  |  Nifflas' Support Forum  |  General  |  Forum Games  |  Topic: Corrupt-a-Wish « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 157 158 [159] Print
Author Topic: Corrupt-a-Wish  (Read 260574 times)
Exp HP

Total My honestly gotten stars: 2

1 in 166 children

View Profile
« Reply #2370 on: December 06, 2009, 21:14:59 »

Notice: This is the first post in a sticky topic, and will repeat on every page.
Corrupt-a-Wish: Be careful what you wish for!

In this game, you grant somebody's wish, but with an unexpected twist.  Then you make your own wish.

Spoiler: How to play (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Example (click to show/hide)

Other important rules:

The goal: What it is and what it isn't
The point of the game is to be clever and creative.  There are no winners and losers in this game, there are only those awesome enough to win TEH 1NT3RN3TZ.
The goal isn't to make a "foolproof" wish that is impossible to corrupt.  Not only do such wishes have the potential to ruin the game, but they also tend to be quite bland, both in the wish itself and in how its corrupted.  Believe me, it's nothing we all haven't seen before.

Off-topic discussion is bad
Try not to start off-topic discussions.  Believe it or not, just like with every other forum game in existence, this game's number 1 critical weakness is non-game discussion.  It's especially tempting to start an off-topic discussion when you feel your wish wasn't really corrupted.  For instance, if you say "I wish it was 70 degrees outside" and somebody responds "Granted.  Your thermostat is now stuck at 70 degrees.  Kelvin, that is," you may be tempted to point out that your wish was for it to be 70 degrees outside (the astute might also be tempted to point out that there's no such thing as "degrees Kelvin").  But don't.
Unless... (read on)

Side discussion is okay
Let me add an exception to that rule.  Off-topic discussion is allowed as long as you keep the game going in every post.  If you must comment on what somebody said, make an effort to play the game, too.
As long as every post corrupts the above wish and makes a wish of its own, any discussion on the side is perfectly fine.

Don't forget to make a wish when you post!
This is the easiest mistake to make!
If you really want to corrupt somebody's wish but can't come up with a good wish of your own, then just think of an object you wish you had.

But some will still forget, anyways.
In the event that somebody corrupts a wish without posting a wish of their own, and they don't edit a wish into their post within an hour, you can assume they aren't going to, and then you can just make a wish of your own to get the game going again.

Now then, let's begin:

I wish Saira was free.

Edit by Mod: Rules update: This topic is sticky, so this post is sticky on evey page. If the previous poster forgot to post a wish, ignore the post. If you don't every post from the moment where it went wrong will be deleted upto the post where things went correct (if any)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 14:29:50 by LPChip » Logged

(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!
Vegetal Gibber

Total My honestly gotten stars: 87

Sorry excuse for a game designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2371 on: February 10, 2017, 15:03:20 »

Granted. The Earth stops rotating around the sun so it's always autumn where you live. Unfortunately, this triggers a major climate disaster that ends up causing the end of the world in less than a decade. Additionally, there are dead leaves freaking everywhere, which is mildly annoying.

I wish people wouldn't interrupt me while I'm still mid-sentence. So rude.

Some KS levels by me:
CWolvie

Total My honestly gotten stars: 14

Fan of GoT and other things.

View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: February 13, 2017, 18:31:28 »

Granted. From now on, people lost their ability to speak in general (except you) so you can speak for as long as you want without interrupting.

I wish I wasn't tired of the world.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 20:37:03 by CWolvie » Logged

Finished levels:
(my first try)

“Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains.” ~ Khalil Gibran

R.I.P. Pavel Chekov
Vegetal Gibber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2373 on: February 15, 2017, 19:45:07 »

Granted. Your love of the world is rekindled. A little too much, in fact. You become so crazy about the idea of experiencing all of what the world has to offer that you end up spending all your life savings trying to do a complete world tour, until you can only afford frozen peas for dinner. Then you become mad at the world again.

I wish Bulbapuck would do an LP/Co-commentary of Dragon Myth with Talps.

Some KS levels by me:
ixMarcel

Total My honestly gotten stars: 44

I'll get you during my next save game!

View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: February 16, 2017, 15:15:54 »

Granted. However, the video was recorded in an alternate universe where Bulbapuck is actually mechamind90 and Talps can't speak English (so he's quiet throughout the LP). Here's the link for anybody interested.

I wish I worked at Kojima Productions.

Talps

Total My honestly gotten stars: 106

...especially in a life-or-death situation.

View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: February 17, 2017, 18:49:03 »

Granted. However, the video was recorded in an alternate universe where Bulbapuck is actually mechamind90 and Talps can't speak English (so he's quiet throughout the LP). Here's the link for anybody interested.
I didn't know about that! Thanks for the link!

In other news, granted! However, Kojima Productions has switched businesses. They now work in sewage reclamation.

I wish... Actually I wish for what Veg wished for. I wish Veg's last wish hadn't been corrupted!
(I PMed Bulba a few months after the game came out to ask if he was up for recording together but he didn't reply. I think he's moved away from Knytt Stories again. 'Tis a shame. T'would have been fun.)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 18:50:42 by Talps » Logged

Vegetal Gibber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2376 on: February 21, 2017, 20:58:08 »

Granted. However, my last wish was actually made this morning, and it was "I wish this cup of coffee wasn't so hot!" (which was granted, but then corrupted, as I waited too long and the coffee got cold)... so all we get out of this is a warm, somewhat decent cup of coffee. I ruined it all :(

I wish sitting in front of a computer almost all day long was actually good for your health.

Some KS levels by me:
loner

Total My honestly gotten stars: 0

View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: February 22, 2017, 00:55:36 »

Granted! However any sort of physical activity (even walking) is now harmful to your health. All of planet Earth's resources are spent manufacturing and powering motorized couches and chairs for every person on the planet. Humanity soon goes extinct because of the physical activity this work required.

I wish Nifflas' game Uurnog wasn't a Humble Monthly exclusive.
Vegetal Gibber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2378 on: February 25, 2017, 19:27:31 »

Granted. It's now a Windows Store exclusive. It also requires the new Games for Windows Live(tm) 2.0 client.

I wish I'd glow red whenever I'm in danger.

Some KS levels by me:
StraightFlame

Total My honestly gotten stars: 46

Super Duper High School Palette-Swapper

View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: February 25, 2017, 20:32:01 »

Granted, but you don't glow green when there are secret passages nearby.

I wish the word "knytt" had some kind of magical property where anyone who reads it immediately figures out how it's supposed to be pronounced.

Mystery project status:
97/158 OCOs finished.
Talps

View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: February 25, 2017, 20:52:50 »

Granted, but my portmanteau 'knyght' causes the human brain to crash, rendering everyone who has played 'Dragon Myth' catatonic.

I wish I could be enthusiastic about making KS levels again.

CWolvie

View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: February 27, 2017, 19:36:18 »

Granted, but, well, the level you're working at, is actually Vegetal Gibber's level and you're only editing it.

I wish people lost their ability to speak, because I can't stand stupid quarrels. My head's going to explode.

Finished levels:
(my first try)

“Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains.” ~ Khalil Gibran

R.I.P. Pavel Chekov
Vegetal Gibber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2382 on: March 07, 2017, 19:15:36 »

Granted. In fact, this wish was already granted a few posts ago, so you've just wasted your wish.

I wish someone would buy me a Nintendo Switch.

Some KS levels by me:
Talps

View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: March 07, 2017, 23:47:40 »

Granted; someone buys you a Gameboy. It has an on/off switch on the side that was manufactured by Nintendo.

I wish that the established accountancy system, which was designed to be incredibly obtuse so as to stop pirates and other illiterate thieves from the seventeenth century from understanding any record books they may managed to steal, could be reformed to be easier to learn and easier to understand!

Vegetal Gibber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2384 on: March 16, 2017, 19:09:24 »

Granted, but this somehow causes old-fashioned piracy and highway robbery to make a comeback and become rampant again.

I wish I could instantly cook the dish I want just by hovering my hands over the raw ingredients.

Some KS levels by me:
CWolvie

View Profile
« Reply #2385 on: March 18, 2017, 19:59:23 »

Granted, but something went wrong so you was forced to blew up your house and there's no Harry Potter to save you and turn it back to normal.

I wish my new job (yesss, I finally got the job!) could bring me satisfaction.

Finished levels:
(my first try)

R.I.P. Pavel Chekov
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 157 158 [159] Print 
nifflas.ni2.se  |  Nifflas' Support Forum  |  General  |  Forum Games  |  Topic: Corrupt-a-Wish « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length