Forum Logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 14, 2017, 23:31:30 | See new unread posts
Home Help Search Arcade Chat Login Register

nifflas.ni2.se  |  Nifflas' Support Forum  |  General  |  Forum Games  |  Topic: Corrupt-a-Wish « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 159 160 [161] Print
Author Topic: Corrupt-a-Wish  (Read 298590 times)
Exp HP

Total My honestly gotten stars: 2

1 in 166 children

View Profile
« Reply #2400 on: December 06, 2009, 21:14:59 »

Notice: This is the first post in a sticky topic, and will repeat on every page.
Corrupt-a-Wish: Be careful what you wish for!

In this game, you grant somebody's wish, but with an unexpected twist.  Then you make your own wish.

Spoiler: How to play (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Example (click to show/hide)

Other important rules:

The goal: What it is and what it isn't
The point of the game is to be clever and creative.  There are no winners and losers in this game, there are only those awesome enough to win TEH 1NT3RN3TZ.
The goal isn't to make a "foolproof" wish that is impossible to corrupt.  Not only do such wishes have the potential to ruin the game, but they also tend to be quite bland, both in the wish itself and in how its corrupted.  Believe me, it's nothing we all haven't seen before.

Off-topic discussion is bad
Try not to start off-topic discussions.  Believe it or not, just like with every other forum game in existence, this game's number 1 critical weakness is non-game discussion.  It's especially tempting to start an off-topic discussion when you feel your wish wasn't really corrupted.  For instance, if you say "I wish it was 70 degrees outside" and somebody responds "Granted.  Your thermostat is now stuck at 70 degrees.  Kelvin, that is," you may be tempted to point out that your wish was for it to be 70 degrees outside (the astute might also be tempted to point out that there's no such thing as "degrees Kelvin").  But don't.
Unless... (read on)

Side discussion is okay
Let me add an exception to that rule.  Off-topic discussion is allowed as long as you keep the game going in every post.  If you must comment on what somebody said, make an effort to play the game, too.
As long as every post corrupts the above wish and makes a wish of its own, any discussion on the side is perfectly fine.

Don't forget to make a wish when you post!
This is the easiest mistake to make!
If you really want to corrupt somebody's wish but can't come up with a good wish of your own, then just think of an object you wish you had.

But some will still forget, anyways.
In the event that somebody corrupts a wish without posting a wish of their own, and they don't edit a wish into their post within an hour, you can assume they aren't going to, and then you can just make a wish of your own to get the game going again.

Now then, let's begin:

I wish Saira was free.

Edit by Mod: Rules update: This topic is sticky, so this post is sticky on evey page. If the previous poster forgot to post a wish, ignore the post. If you don't every post from the moment where it went wrong will be deleted upto the post where things went correct (if any)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 14:29:50 by LPChip » Logged

(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!
canteven

Total My honestly gotten stars: 20

In Person

View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: August 02, 2017, 16:55:21 »

Granted. One day, you're walking in your dark bedroom trying to find a light switch, when you phase through the wall and impale yourself on a talking toast. Slide whistles are played at your funeral.

I wish this place had slightly more people.

I'm also "ncrecc"
CWolvie

Total My honestly gotten stars: 14

Expect the unexpected.

View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: August 03, 2017, 16:22:14 »

Granted, but you're crushed to death as the crowd suddenly rushed for the exit doors.

I wish I wasn't enchanted by certain person.

Finished levels:
(my first try)

“Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains.” ~ Khalil Gibran

R.I.P. Pavel Chekov
Vegetal Gibber

Total My honestly gotten stars: 113

Sorry excuse for a game designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2403 on: August 13, 2017, 18:53:51 »

Granted. The "Immunity to pizza" enchantment that a certain person (which may or may not be the one you're referring to) had casted on you a long time ago for some reason wears off. Now you're back to being deadly vulnerable to pizza and can never eat it again, which sucks big time.

I wish I could send e-mails to the past.

Some KS levels by me:
SilasMann

Total My honestly gotten stars: 30

A Real Horse

View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: August 31, 2017, 03:52:10 »

Granted. Unfortunately, nobody has a computer in the year 1423.

I wish I could turn invisible.
CWolvie

Expect the unexpected.

View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: September 05, 2017, 19:19:28 »

Granted, you are suddenly hit by a truck as you're trying to cross the road.

I wish my employer didn't dismissing me from work today >(.

Finished levels:
(my first try)

“Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains.” ~ Khalil Gibran

R.I.P. Pavel Chekov
Vegetal Gibber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2406 on: September 10, 2017, 17:01:35 »

Granted. Instead, you were appointed as the new CEO! Unfortunately, you soon discover that the company is drowning in debt and that the previous CEO has fled to a foreign country to avoid taking responsibility, leaving you to handle everything.

(also, sorry that happened :( )

I wish I had one of those expensive VR goggles. I want to try them, but there's just no way I'm spending 300€+ on those.

Some KS levels by me:
SilasMann

Total My honestly gotten stars: 30

A Real Horse

View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: September 11, 2017, 05:13:03 »

Granted. But the first time you put them on, it fuse to your face The Mask style.

I wish I had $1,000,000$ dollars USD.
ixMarcel

Total My honestly gotten stars: 58

I'll get you during my next save game!

View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: September 11, 2017, 07:22:34 »

Granted. The whole amount is paid to you with $10,000 bills. However, $500 bills suddenly became the only valid currency.

I wish I could turn my left arm into a spinning yellow fork made of uranium.

canteven

In Person

View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: September 11, 2017, 20:16:25 »

Granted. But you must also turn your right arm into a spinning blue fork made of radium.

I wish I knew when I was in a dream, and furthermore choose when to wake up.

I'm also "ncrecc"
Talps

Total My honestly gotten stars: 109

...especially in a life-or-death situation.

View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: September 11, 2017, 20:44:11 »

Granted, but your dreams are all gibberish and the whole experience is actually rather disappointing.

I wish I didn't have to wait a week to find out if I'm going to lose my job.

ixMarcel

Total My honestly gotten stars: 58

I'll get you during my next save game!

View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: September 11, 2017, 21:33:52 »

Granted. You're fired instantly.
I hope everything goes good for you irl though

I wish my sore throat didn't hurt like hell.

canteven

In Person

View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: September 11, 2017, 21:50:38 »

Granted. Now it hurts like purgatory.

I wish I was really bad at cooking, to the point where food can be used as weapons.

I'm also "ncrecc"
StraightFlame

Total My honestly gotten stars: 61

Super Duper High School Palette-Swapper

View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: September 11, 2017, 22:23:33 »

I wish I could turn my left arm into a spinning yellow fork made of uranium.
Granted. But you must also turn your right arm into a spinning blue fork made of radium.
Stand Name: Fork In The Road
Stand User: ixMarcel

Power: B | Speed: A | Range: E | Durability: B | Precision: C | Potential: C

I wish I was really bad at cooking, to the point where food can be used as weapons.
Granted, but you're physically incapable of eating anything that's been cooked by someone else.

I wish i wasn't terrible at making custom Knytt Stories tilesets.

Mystery project status:
Currently working on finishing the first area.
Vegetal Gibber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2414 on: September 12, 2017, 13:38:03 »

You aren't! However, no matter how hard you try, none of the tilesets you draw with your new unique style matches the look of your gradients and OCOs at all, so you end up having to redesign them all from scratch.

I wish there was a sequel to Knytt Underground called Knytt Underground Stories, focused mainly on user-generated content and featuring a powerful but easy to use level editor.

Some KS levels by me:
CWolvie

Expect the unexpected.

View Profile
« Reply #2415 on: September 12, 2017, 16:55:31 »

Granted, but Knytt Stories didn't exist anymore to balance it out and its levels are prohibited.

I wish people didn't tell me what I should do or how I should behave. They pursue their own self-interests only and that's annoying.

Finished levels:
(my first try)

R.I.P. Pavel Chekov
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 159 160 [161] Print 
nifflas.ni2.se  |  Nifflas' Support Forum  |  General  |  Forum Games  |  Topic: Corrupt-a-Wish « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length