Forum Logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2017, 07:36:47 | See new unread posts
Home Help Search Arcade Chat Login Register

nifflas.ni2.se  |  Nifflas' Support Forum  |  General  |  Forum Games  |  Topic: Corrupt-a-Wish « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 159 160 [161] Print
Author Topic: Corrupt-a-Wish  (Read 275940 times)
Exp HP

Total My honestly gotten stars: 2

1 in 166 children

View Profile
« Reply #2400 on: December 06, 2009, 21:14:59 »

Notice: This is the first post in a sticky topic, and will repeat on every page.
Corrupt-a-Wish: Be careful what you wish for!

In this game, you grant somebody's wish, but with an unexpected twist.  Then you make your own wish.

Spoiler: How to play (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Example (click to show/hide)

Other important rules:

The goal: What it is and what it isn't
The point of the game is to be clever and creative.  There are no winners and losers in this game, there are only those awesome enough to win TEH 1NT3RN3TZ.
The goal isn't to make a "foolproof" wish that is impossible to corrupt.  Not only do such wishes have the potential to ruin the game, but they also tend to be quite bland, both in the wish itself and in how its corrupted.  Believe me, it's nothing we all haven't seen before.

Off-topic discussion is bad
Try not to start off-topic discussions.  Believe it or not, just like with every other forum game in existence, this game's number 1 critical weakness is non-game discussion.  It's especially tempting to start an off-topic discussion when you feel your wish wasn't really corrupted.  For instance, if you say "I wish it was 70 degrees outside" and somebody responds "Granted.  Your thermostat is now stuck at 70 degrees.  Kelvin, that is," you may be tempted to point out that your wish was for it to be 70 degrees outside (the astute might also be tempted to point out that there's no such thing as "degrees Kelvin").  But don't.
Unless... (read on)

Side discussion is okay
Let me add an exception to that rule.  Off-topic discussion is allowed as long as you keep the game going in every post.  If you must comment on what somebody said, make an effort to play the game, too.
As long as every post corrupts the above wish and makes a wish of its own, any discussion on the side is perfectly fine.

Don't forget to make a wish when you post!
This is the easiest mistake to make!
If you really want to corrupt somebody's wish but can't come up with a good wish of your own, then just think of an object you wish you had.

But some will still forget, anyways.
In the event that somebody corrupts a wish without posting a wish of their own, and they don't edit a wish into their post within an hour, you can assume they aren't going to, and then you can just make a wish of your own to get the game going again.

Now then, let's begin:

I wish Saira was free.

Edit by Mod: Rules update: This topic is sticky, so this post is sticky on evey page. If the previous poster forgot to post a wish, ignore the post. If you don't every post from the moment where it went wrong will be deleted upto the post where things went correct (if any)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 14:29:50 by LPChip » Logged

(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!
canteven

Total My honestly gotten stars: 15

View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: August 02, 2017, 16:55:21 »

Granted. One day, you're walking in your dark bedroom trying to find a light switch, when you phase through the wall and impale yourself on a talking toast. Slide whistles are played at your funeral.

I wish this place had slightly more people.

CWolvie

Total My honestly gotten stars: 14

Fan of GoT and other things.

View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: August 03, 2017, 16:22:14 »

Granted, but you're crushed to death as the crowd suddenly rushed for the exit doors.

I wish I wasn't enchanted by certain person.

Finished levels:
(my first try)

“Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains.” ~ Khalil Gibran

R.I.P. Pavel Chekov
Vegetal Gibber

Total My honestly gotten stars: 98

Sorry excuse for a game designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2403 on: August 13, 2017, 18:53:51 »

Granted. The "Immunity to pizza" enchantment that a certain person (which may or may not be the one you're referring to) had casted on you a long time ago for some reason wears off. Now you're back to being deadly vulnerable to pizza and can never eat it again, which sucks big time.

I wish I could send e-mails to the past.

Some KS levels by me:
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 159 160 [161] Print 
nifflas.ni2.se  |  Nifflas' Support Forum  |  General  |  Forum Games  |  Topic: Corrupt-a-Wish « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length