• 27 Replies

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
The gospel of the nifforum
« on: April 12, 2010, 01:04:49 »
Welcome to the gospel of the nifforum.

The rules are:
In this game, we are writing the gospel of the nifforum. To add to the gospel, make a post that follows on from the story that has already posted. All Gospel text must be written in a way so that it sounds like it is a real gospel. All gospel entries are to be in italics ([i][/i]). Any related text that is not in the gospel should NOT be in italics.

EDIT:
If you are DESPERATE to write something that is RELATED to the gospel, but is not part of it, in ITALICS, make sure that it is obviously not part of the gospel, else it will become confusing

I start. C)p

In the beginning, there was nothing, and then there was all. Fountains of code sprang from the Great Creator's keyboard, shaping all the games that had been, were and were to be. The Great Creator then, even surrounded by this paradise, felt lonely, so he created a forum, where he could be worshiped under his alias 'Nifflas'...

~The Gospel of the Nifforum, AClockWorkLemon 1:1-2
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 01:11:44 by AClockworkLemon »
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Re: The gospel of the nifforum
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 01:10:02 »
What if you want to write text in italics that isn't in the gospel? :P
Lurk more.

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 09:38:16 »
In the beginning, Nifflas coded the mule, and spoke to it: "Lol, u are teh mule, u iz slave of evry1! U'll livz 30 yeerz!"
"Aw, c'mon, Niffey, that's way too long! I hate being a slave of the human race, so i just want 18 years!"

...and so'll it be...

Then, he coded the dog, and said "Lol, u are teh dog, u iz guard of evry1! U'll livz 30 yeerz, 2"
"Aw, c'mon, Niffey, that's way too long! I will suffer of old age all those years, so i just want 12 years!"

...and so it'll be...

Then, he coded the monkey, and said "Lol, u are teh monkey, u iz stupid, n will entrtain evry1 wif teh stupiditiez! U'll livz 30 yeerz, 2"
"Aw, not again! You give me 30 years, too? C'mon, it'll go unrewarded! I hate that kinda life! Gimme just 20 years!"

...and so it'll be...

People came to the forum, and Nifflas spoke to them: "Doez u liekz 2 livs 30 yeerz?"
The male beings spoke to Nifflas: "Well, i'd like to have a few extra years. Once i built a house, and think 'I will enjoy this life', the time has come! Can't i have some extra years?" "I haz spaer yeerz frum 3 animls, u liekz?" "Okay, i guess."

So, we'll live happily for 30 years, then we'll get married and are the slave of our wives. Then, the next of years, it's up to us to guard our family. Then, 10 more years, we'll entertain our grandchildren, then we'll die.

...and so it'll be...

~The Gospel of the Nifforum, StraightFlame 1:3
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 12:54:16 by StraightFlame »

Offline Yukabacera

• Tasen Soldier (LL868:ALDK)
    • View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 10:29:31 »
The Great Pillars of Might which had been holding up the Forum since the Dark Ages crumbled, for the ever-growing Forum was too much for them to handle...

~The Gospel of the Nifforum, Yukabacera 11:58

=|=
:hiddenstar: My only one.

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 11:35:21 »
I am sorry for this crappy entry, but i'm an Atheist. Which means i would never read ANY gospel.
Join the club  C)p

Piece by piece the pillars fell, dropping their precious cargo to smash among the rocks of the AAA games. Some parts were saved, and from these parts the Great Creator shaped the first lines of the new forum, an eden of code. Beneath the threads and posts of the great trees many people gathered to share their experiences of the time before the forum. Over time, however, the community began to become ignorent of the teachings of the Great Creator. The great Creator, seeing this wonder of creation slowly corrupt, gave life to another creature, a mythical Knytt named Juni, who would travel the forums to spreat the Great Creator's word

~The Gospel of the Nifforum, AClockWorkLemon, 1:9

Woo, got a bit carried away there  C)
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.

Offline Wanderer

• He deserved it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 12:14:50 »
Through slow and painful evolution this creature has come to be.
It chomps upon the leaves of a rather strange evergreen tree.
It abides by no law.
Nothing at all.
It just stretches it arm.
And munches some leaves.
All in perfect peace and harmony.

~The Gospel of the Nifforum, Wanderer, 11:6

It looks like I got rhymey there. XD And I think you guys know which creature i'm talking about. :D
"I wander to many places, but I quest to few."

YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/CreepyThumb

I leave and come back, kinda like a ghost. Hmm...

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 12:24:46 »
I think you guys know which creature i'm talking about. :D
The Underground-Muncher, a.k.a. the green thing that goes NOM?

LPChip created two Themes, the Theme of Reality, which was white, and the Theme of Dreams, which was blue. As of today, 58 people of superiority, usually drift off in the Dreams, knowing the Dreams were much more superior than the Reality. The Reality was too prototypish for them. One of them, StraightFlame, wondered why the Reality was so prototypish. And a short while after that, he thought "Why am i getting offtopic? Let's return to what this gospel is about: How the forum was created."
~The Gospel of the Nifforum, StraightFlame, 2:1

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 14:26:09 »
Its really nice that there is a forum game for this so that you don't have to post this stuf all over the forum. :^^:
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Yukabacera

• Tasen Soldier (LL868:ALDK)
    • View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 19:18:23 »
I thought I'd compile a mini-dictionary of words used in the gospel:

the Great Creator - Nifflas
the Higher Ones - Admins, mods
the Great Pillars - Servers
Dark Ages - the time before the forum crash
the Nexus - I thought we should call the forum this from now on.
the Haters - They know who they are.
the Great Evil - ???
the Reality - Knytt theme
the Dreams - WaDF theme

Anyway,

And so, everyone found out that the Haters of the great Gospel were servants of the Great Evil, and were permanently expelled from the Gospel-writing community, for they were the only ones who considered their ignorance to be "cool"...

~The Gospel of the Nifforum, Yukabacera 11:59

=|=
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 19:34:20 by Yukabacera »
:hiddenstar: My only one.

Offline pumpkin

• Breton Blunt Conjurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 20:19:35 »
'Then the Higher ones banished the Haters to a place no one on the Nexus knew of until the Higher ones were pushed to a point where their anger knew no end. Thus, the term "banned" was written into the Gospel's index.'
~The Gospel of the Nifforum, Pumpkin 1:1
Many a hand has scaled the grand old face of the plateau,
Some belong to strangers and some to folks you know,
Holy ghosts and talk show hosts are planted in the sand,
To beautify the foothills and shake the many hands.
-The Meat Puppets

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 20:51:42 »
I thought 1:1 was written already...

Or is there a difference between 1:1 and 1:1-2?

Offline pumpkin

• Breton Blunt Conjurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 18:34:08 »
I meant it as the book of Pumpkin, 1;1, not just the 1st chapter or line of the gospel. (after all a few people are writing this so we may as well have a few books)
-The Meat Puppets

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 13:27:49 »

As time went by, the one of the green eye, who wrote the first word of the gospel,
(me) noticed that the gospel was slowly sinking into the mud of the nexus, and so he dived deep to rescue it. From the realm of the Great Evil, the gospel was brought to the surface and written in once more. And for this action, he devised a new word that would be used across the nexus for centuries to come BUMP

~the Gospel of the Nifforum, 2:17

err... now what was that word again? Bump?

Offline FlyingPigBoy

• Lord of the Swine
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 07:58:04 »
The Great Creator observed his subjects and realized that they were restless, for the salvation they had sought for so long was to be reserved for the owners of a Wii. Thus, the Great Creator waved his mighty hand, and created the salvation for which his subjects had waited for eons. And so, happiness flourished throughout the Nexus once more, for the low, low price of 17 dollars, 2 extra to buy it for a friend.

~the Gospel of the Nifforum, 6:14

Spoiler: Thanks Saml! (click to show/hide)
My stars:
(embarrassingly empty)

Offline pumpkin

• Breton Blunt Conjurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 08:09:52 »
Whilst the creator befuddled his loyal and humbled subjects, he, in secret devised a new device. The name of this device confused, and even angered some of his most loyal followers, causing them to strike out with words such as:dumb, random, retarded. This is now called The Great Confusion.

Some time before said confusion, an even larger scale battle was waged. On the first day of the fourth month, many people choose to pull stunts to anger and defile their fellow man. The Great Creator was one of them. The Higher Ones, and The Creator, devised a plan to baffle the servants of the Nexus. One of The Higher Ones claimed to be removing himself from his post as the second in command to the Great Creator.

The Creator called in anger at his brother of creation, but the Higher Ones struck back. They re-wrote what the Creator had written, snuffing out his hateful words. But, much to the surprise of the followers of the Nexus, this was all a sick, twisted practical joke. This is now referred to as The Worst April Fool's Joke Ever.

~The Gospel of the Nifforum, 4:1-3
-The Meat Puppets