Gaia FINAL - [Environmental / Normal]

• 86 Replies

Offline Drakkan

• View Profile
Gaia FINAL - [Environmental / Normal]
« on: June 13, 2010, 13:41:33 »
Welcome traveler,

Gaia is so far largest Environmental KS level originaly created by Anyndel and me.

UPDATE: 26.7.2016 - not sure if it is still largest, but I am pretty sure it is still one of the best :D

What are you waiting for ? Download and enjoy the exploration : )

FINAL version
http://www.knyttlevels.com/levels/Anyndel%20%26%20Drakkan%20-%20Gaia%20Rev2.knytt.bin

OLD versions
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ifjnfbdj7uq9aqa/Anyndel%20%26%20Drakkan%20-%20Gaia.knytt.bin?dl=0
https://www.mediafire.com/?eue6xk5nn8gg734
http://ulozto.net/x9NbbJYt/anyndel-drakkan-gaia-knytt-bin

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 13:00:58 by Drakkan »

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
Re: Gaia 1.6 - [Environmental / Normal]
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 15:44:44 »
YAY!  8D  8D  8D  :nuts:  :nuts:  :nuts:

Also, I was just planning to replay Gaia today or tomorrow. Perfect timing!

Offline Kreig

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 18:31:36 »
I. Love. This level. Perfect motivation to replay it. Thanks!

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 23:19:42 »
1.6! :D

yay! :D

downloading! :D

Offline ElMirador

• TuT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 07:28:12 »
OH MY GOD XD
Gaia is the best enviromental level I've ever seen!

hooray~~
[achvmnt]VkVSMDIAAACBwgAAgYEAAAAAAAAA[/achvmnt]WaDF is the one of the best plaformer games I've ever played XD

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 13:33:07 »
Oh man, the "do you want to live in this apartment?" bug is still there :( Instead of
Juni gets shifted into a wall, and then the level abruptly ends. :moody:

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 17:03:46 »
Oh good, now we finally have a thread to link to when someone asks us for a link to Gaia. XD

Also, expanded? :o

Offline Drakkan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 19:50:50 »
Oh man, the "do you want to live in this apartment?" bug is still there :( Instead of
Actualy this is not level bug, but Ending which is just one of the bad ones. I admit that this shift is done "incorrectly" in direction, that Juni ends in the Wall (should end in some room), so yeah, it is perhaps some kind of "bug" if you want, I havenīt noticed that :)

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 22:06:07 »
Actualy this is not level bug, but Ending which is just one of the bad ones. I admit that this shift is done "incorrectly" in direction, that Juni ends in the Wall (should end in some room), so yeah, it is perhaps some kind of "bug" if you want, I havenīt noticed that :)

Er, what I mean is that you don't get an ending. Juni shifts into a wall, then game stops. No ending, no story, nothing. It's because the actual ending's directory is "endingapartment", while the screen is set to go to "apartmentending", which does not exist.

Offline Drakkan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 21:28:25 »

Er, what I mean is that you don't get an ending. Juni shifts into a wall, then game stops. No ending, no story, nothing. It's because the actual ending's directory is "endingapartment", while the screen is set to go to "apartmentending", which does not exist.

Acutally you are not completely right, I have checked and both apartmentending and endingapartment Endings exists :) 
The only problem is, that wrong music is playing in this ending (because it is maped to "apartmentending", but the Shift is mapped to "endingapartment".  See printscreens below.
To be sure I have tested personally and Ending worked correctly, no bug, so I do not see where the problem might be. Anyone else has this kind of problem ?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 21:32:26 by Drakkan »

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 22:46:23 »
Wow, I loved Gaia (I think I discovered it in a thread where someone was asking what the biggest KS levels were, before I signed up to the forums). I look forward to seeing a tiny bit more of it! :P

Though I never thought of the time machine ending as the main ending...

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 22:52:27 »
Acutally you are not completely right, I have checked and both apartmentending and endingapartment Endings exists :) 
The only problem is, that wrong music is playing in this ending (because it is maped to "apartmentending", but the Shift is mapped to "endingapartment".  See printscreens below.
To be sure I have tested personally and Ending worked correctly, no bug, so I do not see where the problem might be. Anyone else has this kind of problem ?

I only have one directory in the folder, "endingapartment" :( Maybe something went wrong when I installed the level; lets wait for others.

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 08:42:44 »
I replayed Gaia some weeks ago, but now I feel tempted to try the underwater tube  :D

And for people who do not know anything about this level: If you like exploration, you will fall in love with it  ;)

Offline Yonowaaru

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2010, 13:03:27 »
Well, I'm at the tube now, Ill see what's there.

Though, some endings (Like the 'live in this here house' and the 'true god' ending) don't activate an ending, they just send you to the title screen. Thought you might want to look into that.