[Bullet Hell/shmup, Space Shooter] Hydorah

• 7 Replies
[Bullet Hell/shmup, Space Shooter] Hydorah
« on: June 17, 2010, 09:39:06 »
A little while back the full release of Hydorah came out. Anyone who frequents the indie sites probably already knows about it though. Normally I'm not the bullet-hell type, but this game is extremely polished and actually quite fun even if you don't really like the genre. If you've ever played Gradius or R-type you probably know what you're in for.

To be honest, I wasn't following this games development or anything, so I don't know a great deal about it. What I do know is that it's fun, very well made, and free, do you have a reason not to try it? Also made by Locomalito

Sorry, but the screens are just what I could grab quickly from the first level. There are quite a few more on the site the link below leads to.
Spoiler: Screensies (click to show/hide)

You can download it from the bottom of THIS page. Also, it's hard consider that your warning.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it.

Offline lilmanjs16

• Its time for some Pixies!
    • View Profile
Re: [Bullet Hell/shmup, Space Shooter] Hydorah
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 00:43:36 »
great game and glad to see it posted here. the music is great, but yea this is one hard shmup.
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud

Offline TheoX

• Lost in retro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 01:07:03 »
This game is really good looking with nice music.  Also, it's very hard.  I don't mind that, BUT the "you only get 3 saves" thing is total bullshit.  It's that kind of thing that puts me off a game forever.  Sorry Hydorah, but I'm not going to redo two levels just because a boss was really hard and I wanted to save my.. save for later.
Miscellany:
My Website
My Chiptune Music
Currently: Having fun at college.

Offline vdweller

• JapanStache!
    • View Profile
    • vdweller's freeware games
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 22:15:10 »
At last, a game that makes you sweat.

Offline Vinterrun

• Schniggedi Schnapp die Daumen sind ab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 17:59:26 »
Lot of fun to play but it`s to hard since you`re getting down with 1 shot, loosing your upgrades and stuff.
 :moody:
under re-construction:

Coming late:

Starwale *pun*

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 19:17:41 »
A great game but really hard... But there is a cheat that you can save after every level...

« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 22:15:24 by Mathexpert »

Offline TheoX

• Lost in retro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2010, 05:53:51 »
A great game but really hard... But there is a cheat that you can save after every level...

I don't know what each of those lines do; is there a way that I can get unlimited saves but not unlimited weapons?  I want to be able to play at the full difficulty, just without the unnecessary arcade-style continue system.
Miscellany:
My Website
My Chiptune Music
Currently: Having fun at college.

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2010, 06:25:52 »
Well you can just pick the lowest weapon. ( there is a weapon select screen and you can pick the most advanced weapon as well as the weakest and everything in between) This also goes of the special move and the side weapons.