Serious Warp problemo

• 13 Replies

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
Serious Warp problemo
« on: March 28, 2009, 06:35:33 »
I dont know about anyone else (my friend says his works) but whenever I try and use warps in the level editor, It warps me Left/Right, But not Up/Down, Is there any way of fixing this???
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
Re: Serious Warp problemo
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 06:53:04 »
Either you can edit the world.ini file directly to put in the Y warp values, or I think it works if you update your KS Manager.
good bye

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 07:47:56 »
sweet thanks dude
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 08:56:32 »
the download u posted was the same version as mine, so im editing it in the .ini file..... Could some1 make an updated version that dosen't do this? it is jus soo frustrating having to keep changing the .ini file

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 09:03:20 »
the download u posted was the same version as mine, so im editing it in the .ini file..... Could some1 make an updated version that dosen't do this? it is jus soo frustrating having to keep changing the .ini file
First, if you have something more to say after posting, there's an EDIT button in the upper-right corner of the post. *facepalm*
Second, just because it's named the same thing doesn't mean it's exactly the same. Just replace your files and it will work. Besides, nobody would make one person a whole .EXE, but about editing it, I still highly doubt it. That's like asking someone to, oh, let's say, edit a Super Mario World rom to change Mario into Rick Astley. It'll be useless to most everybody. *doublefacepalm*

Sorry if I sound cranky. it's midnight here, and my sister and her friend are keeping me awake. :moody:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 09:05:54 by Pumpkinbot »
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 16:47:29 »
That's like asking someone to, oh, let's say, edit a Super Mario World rom to change Mario into Rick Astley.

Are you kidding me?  That would be effing AWESOME.

Anyway, you really should learn to treat .ini editing as less frustrating; it's good practice and it's not really much slower than using the Manager anyway.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 01:42:17 »
That's like asking someone to, oh, let's say, edit a Super Mario World rom to change Mario into Rick Astley.

Are you kidding me?  That would be effing AWESOME.

Anyway, you really should learn to treat .ini editing as less frustrating; it's good practice and it's not really much slower than using the Manager anyway.
Yeah, but some people, like me, aren't fluent in any  coding or whatever it takes. The most I can do is custom objects.^-^;

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 08:19:12 »
Im fine with editing the ini file, however frustrating it is. and quite frankly pumpkinbot, as you would say *headdesk*

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 21:57:54 »
Im fine with editing the ini file, however frustrating it is. and quite frankly pumpkinbot, as you would say *headdesk*
:P Or you could try re-downloading KS Ver. 1.2.1 and see if it works. Worth a shot.

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 04:06:57 »
meh can't be bothered ill stik with editing the .ini file

Offline Razor

• !
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 12:54:05 »
Yes there's a Problem but there is Another way you know it

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2009, 04:26:27 »
I tried re-downloading KS 1.2.1, but even that didn't help... mine still doesn't do the Y co-ords.... Maybe something to do with the fact its on  2G USB key....... Dunno. Thanks for your help

Offline Razor

• !
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2009, 12:10:56 »
i updated everything its a real problem please work in it to be success it may be in the next Vision  <_<

Offline Duffking

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2009, 16:20:59 »
It took me ages to realise that warps happened after the initial screen switch. First warp I used a wanted to move 2 screens right rather than the usual 1, and put x=2 instead of x=1 :/ Took me ages to realise what I'd done wrong.