[Exploration] The Deeplight Expedition

• 4 Replies

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
[Exploration] The Deeplight Expedition
« on: September 03, 2010, 21:35:05 »
Flash game in which you explore some ruins. No weapons or any ways to attack, no tools, no power-ups; only your running and jumping skills, including wall jumping and ledge grabbing.

This game bears more than a simple resemblance to Knytt and Knytt Stories, especially in the presentation: some of the tiles and effects look almost taken straight out of KS. The difficulty is fairly high on some passages, but I blame the weird wall jumping controls which require a while to get used to.

The music is nothing to write home about, but there's enough variety. Among the rest, there's a minimap always available and a bunch of tablets to collect.

You can play the game on Gamesfree or Newgrounds.
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: [Exploration] The Deeplight Expedition
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 09:34:35 »
Looks like an interesting game.

Can you tell me what the objective of this game is? Is it going to an ending point, or are it smaller areas where you go from a to b? Perhaps some focus on puzzle elements or getting a key?
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 10:50:53 »
The goal of the game is to retrieve the Deeplight Stone; to reach it, you have to collect four runes, as well as a number of keys to open doors that block the way. You don't need to collect all the keys or explore the whole place to finish the game, but there are achievements for doing that. The ruins are a maze with traps, but no puzzle elements; there are teleporters to get around the place faster once you activate them.

In short, explore the ruins to get the four runes that unlock the way to the Deeplight Stone; you also need to find keys, hidden in hard to reach places, to unlock doors that seal certain areas. Entering a room automatically saves your progress.
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 11:43:41 »
This is a very nice game. I've played if for some time now, and finally got past the red lava cave. Am now in the blue/purple crystal cave.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Grookie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 13:27:09 »
Nice, water and some tiles reminds me Knytt series.

:turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle:
Spoiler: Archievements (click to show/hide)