Forum Logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 25, 2017, 06:57:04 | See new unread posts
Home Help Search Arcade Chat Login Register

nifflas.ni2.se  |  Nifflas' Support Forum  |  Being Creative  |  Nifflas' Sources  |  Topic: egomassive's Knytt Stories Plus mod « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 [62] Print
Author Topic: egomassive's Knytt Stories Plus mod  (Read 167206 times)
Vegetal Gibber

Total My honestly gotten stars: 87

Sorry excuse for a game designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #915 on: February 03, 2017, 18:34:12 »

I just noticed that Invisible Object #18 (Bank 16) is solid to regular flying creatures, but flying golden creatures can pass through it. This happens even when the creature is the golden version of a regular creature that is affected by said invisible block (e.g: Bank2 Obj17). Is this the intended behavior?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 22:03:47 by Vegetal Gibber » Logged

Some KS levels by me:
egomassive

Total My honestly gotten stars: 209

View Profile WWW
« Reply #916 on: February 04, 2017, 15:43:51 »

Wow! How did I miss that?

Get Knytt Stories Plus 1.2.9

Change log: Flying golden creatures now obey the flyer-blocker where they should. *star to VG*

Vegetal Gibber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #917 on: February 05, 2017, 20:21:46 »

Thanks for the fix! This will come in handy with my current project :)

Some KS levels by me:
egomassive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #918 on: February 21, 2017, 23:42:33 »

Get Level Editor Plus 1.2.9

It was mentioned recently that designers are getting the original no-climb object mixed up with the improved no-climb object which is a problem if they're designing an original KS level. To prevent that this version displays a KS+ graphic if you have a KS+ object selected.

For years KS+ has been tweaking the map color for the darkest gradients, but the number displayed in the level editor has remained un-tweaked. I've known about it the whole time, but I never remembered to fix it when updating the editor until now.

Do those warning messages about blank tiles get on your nerves? They get on mine. Now, all such messages clear themselves away after 2 seconds.

SC

Total My honestly gotten stars: 15

Ha-ha-ha! Videogames! *laugh track*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #919 on: February 22, 2017, 04:29:06 »

THANK YOU for this update, Tim. The KS+ graphic is a huge help to me since I'm still relatively new to level making and I do want to try making KS & KS+-compatible levels at some point (with the help of Gibber's guide, of course). :D

3/13/17: Still alive! Working on a level, kinda! Hooray for working!

Vegetal Gibber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #920 on: February 22, 2017, 19:35:27 »

On behalf of all the lazy tileset authors in the world, I can't thank you enough for making the "fully transparent tiles" warning dismissable, ego :D

Some KS levels by me:
egomassive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #921 on: February 22, 2017, 20:11:16 »

On behalf of all the lazy tileset authors in the world, I can't thank you enough for making the "fully transparent tiles" warning dismissable, ego :D
You're all welcome. The warnings are helpful, but most they're a nuisance. Now we all can just ignore them. I would have made the expiration time even shorter, but I wanted to give people a chance to actually read the warnings if they're new to KS level design.

Immediately after releasing the latest version of the editor I stumbled across a bunch of errors in the help hints. :sigh: I must have been slightly catatonic by the time I wrote hints for bank 14. Objects 6, 12, 13, and 14 are the mistakes I've found so far if you want to see how bad I am at proof reading my own work. I'll let these errors stand for now, and make version 1.3 a double release for game and editor when/if I get there.

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 [62] Print 
nifflas.ni2.se  |  Nifflas' Support Forum  |  Being Creative  |  Nifflas' Sources  |  Topic: egomassive's Knytt Stories Plus mod « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length