Annoying Saira crashes

• 3 Replies
Annoying Saira crashes
« on: October 11, 2010, 05:14:12 »
I bought Saira as part of one of the Cipher Prime bundles, and I have to say it's really good so far. However, I've been having problems with it crashing. Specifically, it crashes right before I enter the UFO (though, if I restart, I can go in and change planets just fine somehow), and when I hold escape for three seconds to go to the menu.

Any idea what's happening, and/or is there any more information you need about this?

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
Re: Annoying Saira crashes
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 09:19:37 »
is there any more information you need about this?
Posting your Operating System and graphics cad might help, although the crashes you're experiencing seem so random that it'll be hard to make something about them.

Have you already tried reinstalling the game? Also, you might want to try downloading Saira directly from Nifflas's website and use the serial code from the bundle version you have, since there have been some reports of some other versions not working properly.
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 10:12:33 »
If possible, I'd like to know what the crash error message is, and what file the crash occurs within.

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 04:30:58 »
Well, for no discernible reason, the crashes stopped entirely after I posted.  <_<

I've beaten the first episode, and it was quite good, if a bit Nintendo Hard at times (the total inability to turn around even if you just jumped off flat ground a tenth of a second ago and are facing the wrong way; also all the time-based challenges, especially Cham's race for the ship charge, Polvere's toxic planet, and FRICKING GOLDSCHMIDT). I really liked the camera system and the device puzzles; with the exception of the programming one (FRICKING GOLDSCHMIDT) they were all very intuitive and didn't take too long to figure out, yet remained challenging. Space travel was similarly intuitive, I liked its additional features, and I only came close to missing one of the stars (FRICKING. GOLDSCHMIDT.).

Overall, I approve wholeheartedly of your work, and look forward to future installments, should you choose to make them. And I hope you do; I would like to get an explanation of what's going on in the world.

Until then, I'll be playing some of the other games here; after Saira, they look quite promising.