3 screen shots & short game info

• 89 Replies

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
3 screen shots & short game info
« on: November 11, 2010, 23:42:24 »
KnyttWaDF is a hybrid somewhere between Knytt and Within a Deep Forest, and contains game mechanics from both, and have a story that's also connected to those games. It's in very, very early development, and will hopefully be finished sometime in 2012 though it's way too early to set an actual release date.

Oh, and I got to wrap up another project before it, it's just that I can not work on that now since that game is commisioned and I'm awaiting instructions (you know I wouldn't work on two projects simultanely). Once I receive the instructions, I'll pause KnyttWaDF for a few months, but hope to go back into developing it full time in January or February.

Also, this early, no promises about anything! I really want to do this game though and I really doubt something will get in the way, but I'm poor, so if another short commisioned game comes up I might put this aside again to come back to it after, everything's basically pretty much uncertain in the beginning. I got the base mechanics working though, both a WaDF and Knytt movement I'm very satisfied with. Also, this game will be AWESOME; so if you know someone who wants to fund or invest in it, send 'em my way :D

I don't really take random suggestions about the game right now because then I'd get more opinions than I could make use of (which is why you can currently not post new topics in this board), but I do take any suggestions related to things I post about, like ball materials, knytt powers, and so on!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 16:32:54 by Nifflas »

Offline Dj Gopher

• View Profile
Re: Screen shot & short game info
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 02:12:07 »
New game in development!! :nuts:
That screenie is fantastic..
Yet another reason for the world to have to fight through 2012

Offline Feryl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 03:46:24 »
Great-looking atmosphere; good luck with the final product. Any platform preferences yet?

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 04:13:24 »
Well, I'd prefer as many as possible. Of course I value PC a lot since that's where my players are. If for some reason a super ridicously beneficial deal would show up, I could lock the game to a specific platform, but that's very unlikely, it should be a lot smarter from a commercial point of view to get a game out on as many as possible.

I hope to get some proper funding though.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 04:15:59 by Nifflas »

Offline smeagle

• Using Arch now
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 07:26:43 »
That screenshot is absolutely beautiful!  C)

Btw, is this using mmf2? or some other program?

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 08:59:00 »
Sounds like a game I'd love to play! :)

The game mechanics may make it a hybrid of Knytt and WaDF, but based on the screenshot I'd have guessed it to be a mix of Saira (photo-realistic objects) and Night Sky (silhouette play). May it be the best of all worlds! :D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 09:01:04 by SiamJai »

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 10:00:28 »
That's right, it's using photographs like Saira, and sihouettes like NightSky :)

Offline Grookie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 13:28:56 »
It's just AWESOME!!!
I cannot wait for the 2012!
T.T
:turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle:
Spoiler: Archievements (click to show/hide)

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 16:02:58 »
The screenshot and the premise are very intriguing! I can't think of any way to unite Knytt and WaDF, it would be very interesting to see how it works out.

I guess the use of photograph kind of makes this problematic, but still, is there going to be a level editor available?

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 16:51:51 »
And suddenly I find a game worth pining away for.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 18:12:45 »
I guess the use of photograph kind of makes this problematic, but still, is there going to be a level editor available?
It shouldn't be, the editor is easy to use, and there's a dedicated object editor for building animated objects out of photographs (though users will have to make the background transparent themseleves in Photoshop). Also, of course custom levels doesn't need to be photo based either.

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 19:54:16 »
Cool!
WaDF, Knytt, Saira and NightSky in one game!
Looking forward it!

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 20:02:53 »
It shouldn't be, the editor is easy to use, and there's a dedicated object editor for building animated objects out of photographs (though users will have to make the background transparent themseleves in Photoshop). Also, of course custom levels doesn't need to be photo based either.

Aha! Well, this is great news.  :D

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 21:08:52 »
Cool!
Looking forward it!
There's no actual physics simulation involved though, but I think I managed to get a very nice ball movement working, it even supports slopes \o/

Offline Mingus

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 22:09:42 »
Cool!
Looking forward it!
There's no actual physics simulation involved though, but I think I managed to get a very nice ball movement working, it even supports slopes \o/

It's good to know you're here to help beginners, nifflas.