Enemies?

• 33 Replies

Offline Josh

• View Profile
Re: Enemies?
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2011, 23:03:46 »
Probably horribly hard to implement, but a robot type that moves by scuttling around the walls? If it spotted the player using any of the camera types, if would run along the walls, never across open gaps, and try to come into contact with the player or just get closer to them. A bit like the sparky enemies in Knytt Stories that run along the floor, but happy to go up walls and ceilings. This could be really difficult with more interesting tilesets though... and by this point I assume Nifflas has done most of the enemy design, so may not even need another idea! Ho hum.

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2011, 10:00:25 »
There are some spiders in Knytt that move like that. They are not enemies, though, if I remember correctly, but this means they are probably easy to implement.

Offline Juni

• The Flying Yellow Submarine.... Waits.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2011, 11:22:02 »
Howza bout a ball that's like the blue ball (WADF) but evil? it jumps at you,hides in bushes(if possible) and can appear in sequences like when your just simply walking around the one jumps at you and leading to a another area. if possible: followers anyone?
I Am Waiting......

Offline Saml

• now I've got a pie turtle too
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2012, 06:06:44 »
There are some spiders in Knytt that move like that. They are not enemies, though, if I remember correctly, but this means they are probably easy to implement.

Now remember: the whole of Knytt was hard-coded, and there was only a minimal amount of intelligent behavior - as I recall (having looked extensively at the Knytt source), those spiders were on a fixed path, defined in the source. If Nifflas wanted to make a movement like that work in an engine which supported level-editing, and thus arbitrary surface shapes, he'd need to do a lot more work.
It would be far from impossible, though, but still a lot of work.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Now that stars are official, I can go wild down here! :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar:
Quote from: Nifflas
There are many things you can explode. Cats, paintings of fruit, Kaknästornet, factories...