Custom Object limit?

• 9 Replies

Offline ozz

• View Profile
Custom Object limit?
« on: December 09, 2010, 12:13:12 »
Apologies if this is an obvious question with an obvious answer, but I can't seem to find any information about this. When I try to add a 49th custom object, an icon does not appear in the level editor and the object does not appear when the level is tested. Is the amount of custom objects capped at 48? Is there any way around this?

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Object limit?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 12:28:58 »
I think the actual limit is like with all the other banks, 256; however, not all icons have been included with the main game. someone made the rest though and should be findable somewhere for download. when someone who has more time than me gets around to posting a link/search. X)
so 48 is definitely not the limit, it's just a bit more difficult to deal with more without the icons. :)
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 15:08:51 »
someone made the rest though and should be findable somewhere for download. when someone who has more time than me gets around to posting a link/search. X)

Here's the link to the post about that.
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline ozz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 23:31:08 »
Thanks very much to both of you. And apologies again for the stupid question!

edit: Just checked out the file on the linked page, but the download has been removed. Anyone have the 255 object pack lying around?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 04:40:41 by ozz »

Offline variad

• Living on the edges
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 08:13:22 »
Thanks as well, it's something I had in the back of my mind, since I'll be using over 48 COs. I browsed Google and looked through the forum, but I can't find that 256 icons pack (and as mentioned before, the one download link isn't working anymore).
So, I'll have to make some for myself, and if I make the entire set from 49 to 256, I'll upload it somewhere for anyone who may need it. Depends of how hard it is.

Offline Paranoid

• I'm a nuclear powered robot.. FROM THE FUTURE! :3
    • View Profile
    • My Favorite Song.
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 20:36:59 »
Thanks as well, it's something I had in the back of my mind, since I'll be using over 48 COs. I browsed Google and looked through the forum, but I can't find that 256 icons pack (and as mentioned before, the one download link isn't working anymore).
So, I'll have to make some for myself, and if I make the entire set from 49 to 256, I'll upload it somewhere for anyone who may need it. Depends of how hard it is.

Shouldn't be that hard, just a black rectangle and the words OBJ__ on it. But who am I to say? I can't even draw a box right.  X-P
Whrrrrr ....

My Knytt Levels:
Eos [WIP]
VR [Remake IP, WIP]
The Lobby [KSO-Specific, WIP]

First one to use AClockworkLemon's FiNCK Forum Theme (Which looks ah-some!)

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 03:25:35 »
Making one is easy; the hard part is doing it 200+ times without going insane. XD

I'm trying to figure a way to generate them via batch processing but it's tricky.

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

Offline variad

• Living on the edges
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 01:27:23 »
Awww, I actually finished the entire thing today... you'll have the choice I guess! I'm gonna upload it later tonight if everything goes well.

Offline variad

• Living on the edges
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 09:58:49 »
Voila. http://www.sendspace.com/file/deu1tq

It took me about 5 hours with a very efficient technique. First Paint, then GIMP to add transparency (who knows why, the purple color ff00ff just doesn't appear invisible for me in KS). I kept it like the original 48 icons, same rectangle, just drawing new numbers up to 255. I worked hard so they are all readable, and no two icons should look the same. Just download from Sendspace, unzip, rename to Bank255 and replace your old Bank255 folder with it (yes, I included the bank icon and default 48 icons to keep things simple). It worked all fine for me! C)p