City Tileset

• 6 Replies

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
City Tileset
« on: January 13, 2011, 03:58:08 »
I've been sitting on this for a while. I made it for the upcoming level Wild World by DJ Gopher. I plan to make two more tilesets to match this; one with roof tops and parks, one with sewers and subways. There's really no telling when they'll be finished, because I'm entrenched in too many other projects at the moment. Anyhow, there's an urban themed competition going on right now, and I thought releasing this might give it a boost.

By the way: I have no affiliation with the Almighty Zen Taco or KG. I consider Zen Taco franchises and Poke soda part of our KS legacy. Thank you.

edit: Note that in the tileset just above the "@" symbol is a base for the light poles. Use this on layer 3 to prevent Knytts from wandering into the streets without impeding Juni.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 04:01:53 by egomassive »

Re: City Tileset
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 04:15:13 »
I like the soda machine. Also the fire hydrant and the sewer is a nice touch. :)

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 06:55:06 »
The example screens capture that "American downtown" feel pretty well. I love the tiny details like the no-parking sign, fire hydrant and pedestrian crossing light.

Very nice work, thanks for the release! :D
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 07:05:36 by SiamJai »

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 17:16:12 »
The attention to detail is phenomenal. This tileset will be a huge help for the current contest.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 23:34:16 »
Once again, Ego out does himself. 

Wait... how does the people inside buildings work?  Windows as objects, or is that from another tileset?

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 10:39:06 »
@ Headgrinder: It's the So Much Work - So Pointless tileset by Nifflas, AKA default tileset 91. It would obviously be much better if they were animated with COs on top.

Funny story, I released this set sometime yesterday. Then, sometime later yesterday DJ Gopher asked me not to release it until after Wild World comes out. (Wild World is going to have a name change by the way.) I would have happily kept it under wraps, but he said long ago that he didn't mind if I released the sets I'm making. Oh well, I'll just keep all the other sets I've been making secret.

Offline Dj Gopher

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 02:20:53 »
@ Headgrinder: It's the So Much Work - So Pointless tileset by Nifflas, AKA default tileset 91. It would obviously be much better if they were animated with COs on top.

Funny story, I released this set sometime yesterday. Then, sometime later yesterday DJ Gopher asked me not to release it until after Wild World comes out. (Wild World is going to have a name change by the way.) I would have happily kept it under wraps, but he said long ago that he didn't mind if I released the sets I'm making. Oh well, I'll just keep all the other sets I've been making secret.
:P no worries,
Excellently done.. but you already know how much I love it.