[Environmental] Concealment

• 11 Replies

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
[Environmental] Concealment
« on: February 25, 2011, 19:13:28 »
The Concealment is a link between worlds. It is a voyage through the darkness, to reach the eternal Garden. Beware of demons that haunt both worlds. Seek refuge in ghost lights.

http://knyttlevels.com/levels/Yohji%20-%20Concealment1.0.knytt.bin

This level is a greatly expanded version of my small level Moonlight. The preview thread is here: http://nifflas.lpchip.nl/index.php?topic=4287.0 - it has more screenshots and stuff. I was, and still am, planning to expand this further and add at least one more area, but real life is currently far too busy. I have no idea when and if I am able to work on it, so here's the latest playable version. It has three normal areas, two secret areas, and two endings - a normal one and a secret one.

Offline lamarblake

• ICU
    • View Profile
Re: [Environmental] Concealment
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 22:58:41 »
ooh...off to play! :)

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 02:50:21 »
Nice work! I got both endings, and I think I've seen everything... yet I'm unsure what the second secret area is?

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 06:49:56 »
Just beautiful. The endings are pretty mysterious. I don't understand them, but I guess they fit since the whole game is abstract. Void at x994y1004 and x996y1004 is reachable.

Edit: @ Widget below: Oops, I meant x994y1004 and x994y1006. I have minor dyslexia.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 03:23:11 by egomassive »

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 12:06:52 »
Since I was one of the beta testers that'd be my bad  :oops:
I didn't think x994y1004 was still accessible in-game and reaching x996y1004 is pretty impressive. I've no idea how you managed that  :O

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 02:33:53 »
Great visual style - really interesting and unique (except for other Yohji games).

I thought it was a bit tricky. In a few sections, I definitely went off in the wrong direction or tried the wrong strategy.

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 22:02:31 »
Thanks everyone!

@sergiocornaga: Well, technically the
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

@egomassive: Thank you for pointing those voids out. I'll check and fix them as soon as I can.

@dave.germain: I'm sorry the level confused you! This happened to one of my beta-testers and acting on his advice I added a couple of explanatory notes, but apparently they were not enough... eh.  :/

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 09:11:22 »
Don't get me wrong - tricky is good! Almost a puzzle level in some parts.

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 18:21:26 »
Just posting to say that all plans for expansion have been dropped indefinitely; I would need to make far too many extra tiles, COs, etc., something I'm horrible at, and real life is still busy. Unless someone is willing to collaborate with me on the visuals, I won't be able to make any expansions. Ditto for Pestilence 2.0 and probably most other KS projects I've announced here. Sorry!

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 15:54:51 »
Why do you need to make extra tiles and COs? I might be interested, but you'd need to be a lot more specific.

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 13:49:23 »
Why do you need to make extra tiles and COs? I might be interested, but you'd need to be a lot more specific.

I've sent you a PM. Basically, I want to expand at least one of the larger areas in the game, and for that I need a lot of details the two tilesets used have no room for.

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 18:10:17 »
I've started playing this (haven't gotten very far yet; I think I'm kind of stuck, actually?) and I just want to say that what you did with Sinix's tileset there at the beginning is breathtakingly beautiful to me, easily one of my favourite "urban" environments in a KS level ever.