[Environmental] "Somewhere", episode one

• 23 Replies

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: [Environmental] "Somewhere", episode one
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2014, 23:14:04 »
Glad to hear you're working on this again. Back-up your files regularly this time!

Offline Exalok

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2014, 17:00:23 »
I'm putting up my tilesets as often as possible on the thread I made over in custom content, but you have just reminded me I really should keep a copy of my level on a USB key xD

I'll certainly make sure not to repeat last time's mistakes, anyway :0

Offline Exalok

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2014, 01:19:25 »
Alright! So I've been getting a lot done in terms of tilesets, though I still have a ways to go before any of them are complete, and today I got the beginning of the level started (around ten screens structured and decorated).

Have some screenshots. Note that since I'm creating this level mostly for its aesthetic, they sort of consist in "spoilers", since you'll be seeing parts of the landscape without context/discovering it yourself. Nothing plotty is spoilered here, however, and since this is still very early-game players would have seen all of this quickly enough.

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 01:23:33 by Exalok »

Offline lilmanjs16

• Its time for some Pixies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2014, 00:10:15 »
This looks really good! Can't wait for release.
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud

Offline ixMarcel

• I'll get you during my next save game!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2014, 14:52:16 »
Well, I have to say these screens look promising.

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2014, 22:33:41 »
This looks good! I hope there's a save point near the third screenshot.
I've never meta pun I didn't like.

Offline Exalok

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2014, 20:05:17 »
whoops, looks like i haven't updated here in a while.

in answer to your question: every door you pass through is also counted as a save point, so yes there is one pretty close to that area :3

i've been working a lot on the sewer tileset, and unfortunately decided to actually make every single element used in the game (which means i now have to animate... oh no), so that's been taking up some time. i freely admit i slacked off and didn't work on it for a whole month at least, though :P

you'll probably be seeing a tileset update and, if i can make them work, a couple of examples of characters/animals i'll be using. and more screenshots, hopefully???

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2014, 05:37:38 »
Sounds good. I like to mix up what I'm working on. If you get tired of making graphics make a few screens. If you get tired  of making screens make a CO. If you get tired of making CO's make cutscenes. If you get tired of making cutscenes spend 2 years creating a mod of KS. :P

Offline Exalok

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2015, 15:35:15 »
heheh :D

okay so current progression status: 41 screens, 2 areas finished and another nearly so because spoilers x3 main character done, one side character/quest begun and getting planned... now i have a couple of tilesets i know i'll need to do and am currently going back over the plot of the game to make sure it all works.

I AM INSANE. this isn't gonna get done anytime soon. i should probably get a small side project so i have something less incredibly ambitious to show.