[Shooter] Soldat

• 16 Replies

Offline StaticRomantic

• it's coming to get you
    • View Profile
[Shooter] Soldat
« on: April 05, 2009, 08:26:52 »
Soldat
Spoiler: Screenshots (click to show/hide)

Soldat is a 2-D single and multiplayer shooter. There are many different types of gameplay options, including Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, and Assault. Very customizable, a supported and deep map editor is available also. Addicting and intense. A variety of mods available, from weapons to maps to complete renovations.
"One of the most addictive and
fast-paced online multiplayer
experiences ever created." -Gamespot
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 08:30:47 by StaticRomantic »

Re: [Shooter] Soldat
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 10:11:17 »
OMG that game looks pimp, so gonna try  C)p

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 12:08:44 »
Unfortantely i got addicted  XD
so i need some help about something relating to the game
i download a mod and the modlauncher then i put the file with the mod (halo.3.5) into the mod folder in the soldat folder then i put the modluancher in the soldat folder. i click on the mod launcher, its shows the halo mod i click on it and click run soldat modded. but its not the halo mod. can some one help me?

EDIT* Doesn't matter i fixed it :)
AWESOME GAME by the way
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 12:29:13 by Strange Darkness »

Offline Reecer6

• MORE anachronism!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 19:57:00 »
It said I had to pay to register.
That's 1 fun looking game I'll never get to play, then.
Umm... I've been gone, you see.

Offline Krumel

• One can be dividided by Zero!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 20:50:40 »
You don't need to register... it just give you some (unnecesary) extras, like coloring your jetpack flame.

Offline StaticRomantic

• it's coming to get you
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 04:36:32 »
It said I had to pay to register.
That's 1 fun looking game I'll never get to play, then.

You dont need to register to play the game. Just click play.

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 09:20:40 »
The register allows you to make multiple profiles, add your own mp3 and custom colors so in others words theres no real point  XD

AWESOME GAME

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 19:31:03 »
this game is actually very old, i've had it for almost a year now :P2 but it's still fun to mod it up XD

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 19:48:11 »
I hear so much great stuff about this game, but I can't really play it in front of my parents given all the gore.
Maybe I could mod it out...eh, I'll live anyway.

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 20:55:25 »
you could go into the gostek folder then ranny (I think thats what it is) and erase all the blood (then it won't show up) :P2

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 20:00:59 »
Love this game and been playing it for years. Sure it doesnt look great and is a bit glitchy, but is still a fun and interesting game. Unfortunately many people give up on it because of the glitches and poor graphics. :/

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 02:28:25 »
Love this game and been playing it for years. Sure it doesnt look great and is a bit glitchy, but is still a fun and interesting game. Unfortunately many people give up on it because of the glitches and poor graphics. :/
Poor graphics! POOR GRAPHICS is that what everyone cares bout theses days!  :crazy:
I mean some great games dont need good graphics , cave story [awesome game but graphics are pixely which make it interesting  C)p and dont start me on the modding  C)p]
GLITCHES!?!?? i haven't encountered any (except on custom maps bots don't work very well)

i think i over reacted  XD

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 16:33:37 »
I mean some great games dont need good graphics , cave story [awesome game but graphics are pixely which make it interesting

Well, there's a big difference between Cave Story, even Nifflas' Games ("simple graphics") and Soldat ("poor graphics"). Simple graphics might have a basic 2D engine and pixely graphics but still look more atmospheric, colorful and stylish. Soldat isn't really stylish, colorful and atmospheric and was made for very low screen resolution, so it looks quite blurry (though still not bad).

As for glitches - network code is horrible, a lot of times you or enemy doesnt die when he is supposed to (rocket in the face), sometimes you get stuck in polygons or can throw grenades through walls.

But I agree, graphics dont matter as much. :P

Offline StaticRomantic

• it's coming to get you
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2009, 09:10:57 »
I mean some great games dont need good graphics , cave story [awesome game but graphics are pixely which make it interesting

Well, there's a big difference between Cave Story, even Nifflas' Games ("simple graphics") and Soldat ("poor graphics"). Simple graphics might have a basic 2D engine and pixely graphics but still look more atmospheric, colorful and stylish. Soldat isn't really stylish, colorful and atmospheric and was made for very low screen resolution, so it looks quite blurry (though still not bad).

As for glitches - network code is horrible, a lot of times you or enemy doesnt die when he is supposed to (rocket in the face), sometimes you get stuck in polygons or can throw grenades through walls.

But I agree, graphics dont matter as much. :P

I don't agree that the graphics are necessarily bad... but yes, they're not as stylistic as Knytt Stories or such. But Soldat is made for action. And it's good at it.
And I have run into some problems in game, but they're very minor. And the game was created by a college student.
But it's overall very well made.

[that was a lot of buts... o_0]

Offline Boxtop

• Feh.
    • View Profile
    • Boxtop's Website
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 04:26:44 »
I've played this game for a long time. My favorite server is |FA| Decaying Zombies
<insert witty signature here>