Blah songs with Nifflas kit!

• 16 Replies

Offline Jo.7

• View Profile
    • Jo.7 @ Bandcamp
Re: Blah songs with Nifflas kit!
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 23:07:36 »
Wow!!!  Nice job.  These are some really kickass tracks.  You've got a lot of talent!  Your friends are idiots if they don't listen to this stuff.  My friends don't listen to my stuff either, though it might just be because it sucks  X)

I'm really impressed though.  These tracks all have a really strong style and sense of authorship to them.

I use Fruity Loops as well, though I haven't heard of Superior Drummer.  The percussion in your songs is definitely really nice and strong so I looked it up.  It's a bit out of my price range at the moment though haha :P

I did notice a few tracks sounded a tiny bit squashed, presumably due to the compression.  Just might be one of those things to watch out for.  I thought the reverb was fine though.  I'm a mastering newb though so be careful taking anything I say to heart :]

I wonder what you might think of this song that I did a while back (also using some Nifflas samples)?  I'm concerned about the mixing/mastering since I'm still really new to it and it's such a fine-tuney thing to get the hang of.

Haha, I guess its the fact that your own stuff tends to sound good most of the time. While time passes by, my older "songs" obviously don't sound as good as they once used to.

It's hard getting the raw samples to sound like its meant to be there. I used some of Fruity Loops Multiband Compressor for the Mixer Master, changing that will make the sound much more real I think. Your song sounds very video game'ish. The fact that its not overkilled by any compressor is a good thing.

Thanks for taking the time to listen some and for the criticism, that's what I need!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 18:23:22 by Jo.7 »

Offline Jo.7

• View Profile
    • Jo.7 @ Bandcamp
Re: Blah songs with Nifflas kit!
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2017, 18:13:56 »
Can't believe its been 4 years since I posted here. Still using some samples of the original Nifflas kit, here is my latest release: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGpHLmqI9qE