[Small][Easy]bus level one (david c)

• 4 Replies
[Small][Easy]bus level one (david c)
« on: November 04, 2015, 02:46:11 »
(This is David C, i accidentally signed on with a different account that i forgot that i made)
i was gonna try to make a "cool" and "big" minimalist level entirely on bus rides with some creative constraints, but i think the two main reasons i failed were because i was trying to make a "cool" level, and ambition ruins fun, and because i tried making it when i wasn't on the bus, which messed up the whole vibe. Either way, i like it, and even though i felt like it wasn't my kind of thing to make a big level, this is still bigger than my other levels so far, i think. I like using the default tilesets, but maybe i'll try making one next time,
http://knyttlevels.com/levels/david%20c%20-%20bus%20level%20one%20version%202.knytt.bin
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 02:50:21 by terrytheplatypus »

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Re: [Small][Easy]bus level one (david c)
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 11:53:13 »
All the inaccessible parts of this level made it really intriguing.

Offline David C

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 03:30:00 »
yeah, that's what i was going for
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 16:09:05 »
Seemed like a fair amount of wallswims, but on the other hand, it seemed like a lot of them were intentional. All in all I liked the layout of this alright, but I again miss reading the dialogue from your earlier levels, which I think was your strong suit.  :)

The ending made me smirk.  :^^:

Offline David C

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 07:54:14 »
glad you enjoyed it, the wallswims were all intentional here(unless one of them led to a void). i like writing the stuff, but the way dialogue is presented in Knytt Stories levels feels really clunky to me, or at least the way it's often used, so i wasn't putting it in here, trying to get more of a sense of the environment communicating something, in other words i was trying to copy nifflas without intentionally analyzing the original levels and gave up midway. my restrictions were 1. no dialogue and 2. only white background, though i didn't follow that all the time.