Detector problem

• 3 Replies

Offline CWolvie

• Expect the unexpected.
    • View Profile
Detector problem
« on: May 19, 2013, 18:29:35 »
I have one question. There are objects called detect target in Level editor (Bank 0 System - obj. 27 and 28) . When I put them in my level on layer 5 or 6 or 7 and test the level, I can't pass through the wall where I should use the detector. I'm flashing green but that's all. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Uhm...I think this should be in KS level editing support. My apologies. I didn't realize it.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 18:53:12 by CWolvie »
Finished levels:
(my first try)

“Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains.” ~ Khalil Gibran

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Detector problem
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 19:44:58 »
The detector only gives you a green glow if you have the detector object. It does not allow you to move through objects or walls.

If you want to go through walls, you'll need to make sure layer 3 is not occupied. Right click layer 3 to toggle the visibility of it in the editor. If your path does not show up, then the player can't reach it. So move the walls from layer 3 to 2, 1 or 0 in order to fix your problem.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 21:20:25 »
In case you wanted to make a wall traversable only after picking up a power, you should use the Ghost Eye instead (in combination with the X Wall Object, Bank 12 Object 17).
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline CWolvie

• Expect the unexpected.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 15:20:35 »
If you want to go through walls, you'll need to make sure layer 3 is not occupied. Right click layer 3 to toggle the visibility of it in the editor. If your path does not show up, then the player can't reach it. So move the walls from layer 3 to 2, 1 or 0 in order to fix your problem.

It works! Thanks for advice  :)
Finished levels:
(my first try)

“Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains.” ~ Khalil Gibran